Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I Need a Comfy Sofa Bed
  • BigJohn

Getting ready for when my daughter can visit with her partner and our granddaughter, we need a new bed in the spare room. The current one is very uncomfortable and in any case, I like to use that room for guitar practice so a sofa bed would let me enjoy the space a bit more.
    I’ve been looking at a couple of sites; Ikea, Argos, and the common denominator seems to be they’re flipping uncomfortable.
    What I want is something that’s comfortable in both modes and makes a full size double bed (4’6″ x 6′ or 1350mm x 2m). I was originally thinking £500 might do the job but no doubt I’ll end up spending more. I can do click and collect as I’ve got a van.
    Who has relevant experience?

Caher

Friends stay in my IKEA one and never complain.

dc1988

I find the IKEA corner sofa one pretty comfortable, it hasn’t stopped me sleeping

BigJohn

Which model of IKEA one?

matt_outandabout

We had a great futon from a posh shop in York – it was really comfy to sit or sleep, solid wood etc.
    Frustratingly we sold it when we downsized a house – we should have kept it.

simon_g

We have the Ikea Hemnes daybed but with the spring mattresses, not foam.

Ikea Friheten looks good if you’ve got space for a corner sofa / chaise thing. https://youtu.be/XwjFD6romAY

dove1

We have an IKEA one that is good in both modes and is really comfy to sleep on. I can’t remember the model but it looks like the NYHAMN is the updated version of it.

Vader
    Free Member

I had a Futon sofa from Futon shop, it was good as a sofa and great to sleep on. It was all I had when I first got a house and was actually a bit disappointed when I got a proper bed.
    Most of the Ikea ones ive slept on were ghastly, I find if they have those curved bed slats they just don’t work -maybe im not heavy enough at 12 stone but they just feel like you are trying to sleep along a log and just roll off all the time.

In Japan we just had futons straight on the floor and they were super comfy, in the morning you just rolled it up and tucked it away.

Edit the futon sofa sounds like the one Moab mentioned

jimmy

I think IKEA wins.

Sofa Bed recommendations?

jeffl

We had one of these from IKEA. Now at the FIL house and I find it really comfy when we stay for a weekend. Must be 10 years old and going strong.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lycksele-murbo-two-seat-sofa-bed-vallarum-turquoise-s29149915/

BigJohn

A happy update here.

I’m now sitting in my newly-repurposed music room on a supremely comfortable and stylish looking sofa bed, which for the last 2 nights has been in use as a full size double bed – also (from reports) really comfortable.

I got it from Funky Futon (I know…) in Leeds. A small company, I rang up just over 2 weeks ago saying any chance of delivery by Good Friday and the owner walked round the stockroom telling me which fabric was in stock for them to start making it on the Monday and which would be the best mattress to get. They actually delivered it the following Saturday, a week ahead of when I needed it.

Brilliant service, brilliant sofa bed and £527 delivered. And even Mrs BigJohn thinks I made a good choice. From a cramped and frumpy spare bedroom to a spacious and stylish studio. I’ve even got space to do my Pilates!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I Need a Comfy Sofa Bed’ is closed to new replies.