Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I ❤️ My: All-Season Ridewear
  • amandawishart

Amanda shares with us the kit that gets her through ride after ride, day after day, through all the seasons. I’m a big fan of layering and I like to t …

By amandawishart

Get the full story here:

I ❤️ My: All-Season Ridewear

Sandwich

I’ve always found that the merino doesn’t smell but the soft-shell around it can get a bit noxious/feral. It does get one a space at the bar though which is nice.

IHN

I love merino. We once did an amazing ten-day cycling trip in Mongolia, where it was mainly hot. I did it wearing a grand total of two merino cycling jerseys, each for a five day stretch, and they absolutely brill.

Where it’s not great is high-ish intensity stuff in the cold, as it doesn’t wick as well as manmade stuff so will hold damp a bit, which isn’t great when/if you have to stop for a bit.

Sandwich

@IHN my experience with Merino was that it worked well under Paramo kit in excessive cold as the shell liner moved the damp out quite smartly. I agree that if one did high intensity activity and then stopped it was cold, but slowing down after hard work gave everything a chance to work properly (ice and mixed Scottish climbing/walking).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.