Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I had a chat with a roadie this morning.
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I know this topic comes up a lot but this morning I commuted on my road bike instead of my commuter or MTB. A roadie I have seen most mornings for the last few years actually stopped to have a chat. I have never even managed a grunt or hello even though I say hi every morning. I was in the same clothes and helmet etc.
    Interesting to see if he goes back to ignoring me next week when I’m back on a different bike.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, NEXT

😀

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Only kidding, did you mention to him that you see him most mornings when you’d be riding a different bike?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

*Raises eyebrow in acknowledgement*

STATO
    Free Member

Wow, talking to someone who looks to have a shared interest and not talking to someone who doesn’t, quick judge him!!!

scaredypants

gives OP the finger

😳

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should really twist his melon by riding to work on a tricycle next week. 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Nobody wants to chat while slaving for work every morning … 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you’ve been saying hi to him every morning for the last few years, despite him never even managing to grunt or say hello, it must have been a very special moment. What did you chat about?

perchypanther
    Free Member

What did you chat about?

Was it “those bloody off road savages!”? 😉

mrsfry
    Free Member

I get the same thing when I ride a MTB while wearing a wedding dress 🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

Don’t worry, roadies ignore me all the time. I think its because they are miserable.

fasthaggis

Hah,just wait till after Easter,that’s when the real commuter race season kicks off.
    Thousand yard stares,no quarter given,none expected….STRAVAAAAaaaaa

andysredmini
    Free Member

I don’t mind or care I just thought it was funny. I see many different people on my way to work and most say hi, grunt or nod. This bloke nothing. He seemed like nice bloke though when he was chatting. I might ask him why he has ignored me for all these years. But then I might come across all needy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He seemed like nice bloke though.

After years of not responding to your daily greetings of hi?

EDIT : Ah I see from your edit that he only seemed nice after he chatted to you.

You should ask him why he’s been ignoring you. Never mind about sounding needy, just ask him “why have you been ignoring me – is because of my bike?”

Then you’ll know.

fasthaggis

I might ask him why he has ignored me for all these years. But then I might come across all needy.

No you won’t.
    Please just do it Andy and report back here. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, go on. Ask him his inside leg measurement and what he had for supper the previous night too..

Then post it on here.

You are aware some folks just can’t be arsed aren’t you?

rOcKeTdOg

andysredmini – Member

I don’t mind or care

you cared enough to share it with the internet, basically you love him 8)

andysredmini
    Free Member

That’s what surprises me. How can someone be nice and friendly to someone because of the type of bike they are on and ignore them completely when they are on a different bike. I don’t expect people to say hello it just seems like a nice thing us bikers seem to do. Similar happens when walking down the canal. everyone seems to say hello to each other as they pass.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m going to follow him home and invite myself in now we are best friends.

WTF
    Free Member

Did he ask your name?
    Had that a few times as they want to check Strava for flyby to see if they are better than you are.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How can someone be nice and friendly to someone because of the type of bike they are on and ignore them completely when they are on a different bike.

I think you need to post a pic of your bike.

lambchop
    Free Member

But did he smile? Never seen a roadie smile, miz sodz.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

You should really twist his melon by riding to work on a tricycle next week.

😆

neilwheel
    Free Member

When he says ‘Hi!’ to you next week, ignore him. Stare straight through him, like he’s a ghost.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, whilst pulling a wheelie whilst texting “me julie” and smokin’ a fag, in grey trackie bottoms and a baseball cap angled ‘just so..

dazh

This reminds me of the time I was out on the roadie near Gisburn and some MTBers in an Audi gave me the finger then proceeded to drive at me at speed forcing me to pull over into the gutter. Stereotyping people by what bike they ride works both ways.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Infidel.

Singletrack doesn’t seem appropriate anymore! Could do with a CTC style rebrand, let the forumites/trolls thrash out a new name 😆

teamslug
    Free Member

dazh…they were late for an IT brainstorming session

teamslug
    Free Member

‘Wehateeverybodytrackworld?

xyeti
    Free Member

Dadsnet,

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’d rather chat to a single lady.

How you do’in?

kayak23

Since I’ve started riding a fatbike around, an unbelievable amount of people comment as I ride by. You’ve just got to keep his interest up. Find out what else he likes. Maybe he likes fat bikes too?
    🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

Tribal bollox mate and in your head only.

scaredypants

Tribal bollox mate

lycra’s too thin if they can see your tattoos 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I had a chat with a roadie this morning.’ is closed to new replies.