Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I gave up on turbo training a long time ago, but today I made this.
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So, as we can only exercise once a day I have been alternating between a 2 hour bike ride & a 2 hour dog walk with the wife & child No1 walking the dog on the other day. Realising I have a lot of crap in the loft (still) I decided to drag a trainer out & an old frame( Viper The 29er), added some bits & bingo

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iHUEtp]IMG_4482[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr
    So with all that done my wife & child No1 want to use it for exercise also, but it’s a bit big, so tomorrow I shall be stripping it down & building it back up again using an old Azonic jump frame (no problem as I have nothing but time), so in the spirit of sod it as it’s been in the loft for years does anyone want the frame? the cravat is you would need to pick it up from Harpenden AL5, the plan would be I would leave it on the drive & maybe wave from the window at best as I have been told to take this self isolating seriously.
    Size large, never really used on the trails as the geo is weird, but plenty of storage scratches etc, first to shout up gets it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit
    Link suddenly works for me.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Exactly like that, thanks but I edited it 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😎

zippykona

The turbo is all the motivation I need to make me go for a run.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

But only once a day obvs, WHF are you doing with the rest of your time? 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

Be prepared to do a full rebuild and it never get used. Speaking from experience…

concrete24
    Free Member

I also haven’t turbo’d for at least 11 years – thought I never would again – yet today I resurrected my 2004 Stumpy from a pile of spare parts and dug out the turbo with exactly that intention…still haven’t actually done anything other than build the bike though!

Resurrection Stumpy

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I fully expect it to be a waste of time but I don’t mind as it gives me something to do.
    CC24, I see you have put brakes on yours though 😉

concrete24
    Free Member

CC24, I see you have put brakes on yours though 😉

Yep – I’m a completer finisher! I figured when this is all over it deserved a trip into the wild for old time’s sake. 🙂

concrete24
    Free Member

OK: I have just done an hour of turbo training. It hasn’t got any less boring while I’ve been away! Still, better than doing nothing, might need to dig out my garmin edge 200 and cadence/heart rate sensor next, it’s like 2005 all over again!

asbrooks

I gave my turbo trainer to my brother. He’s not using it, however I can’t just nip over to get it back these days. He’s moved further away, it’s a 2 hour round trip to collect it classed as unnecessary?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I gave up on turbo training a long time ago, but today I made this.’ is closed to new replies.