Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I dropped a Pike spring
  • biker66
    Free Member

I finally got some Pikes on e-bay, and they came with a firm spring that I need to fit to them. The other night I dropped it and I've burred the edge of the little nut on top. I hear all this stuff about forks being so sensitive inside. Anyone know if that little nut is going to be in contact with anything that's gonna make a problem?
    I can take the burr off with a file but it's going to be rounded off on two sides

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nut on the top?

Do you mean the 24mm black one that you screw the spring into the fork with?

If so you'll be fine. Just tighten it with a socket or ring spanner, NOT AN ADJUSTABLE! 🙂

biker66
    Free Member

No. It's like a little 6mm nut on top of the 24mm black one. There is a thread inside the little nut too.

biker66
    Free Member

OK. I found a pic of it here, it's number 6 when you scroll down. That little silver nut on top. What does that do?

mamadirt
    Free Member

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/rockshox_spring_fitting.aspx

U turn adjuster fits on top of it. So long as it's not too damaged I'd just deburr the edges, tho' I don't know how crucial it is for it to fit exactly into the adjuster (could make using the U turn difficult and likely to round off the socket inside the adjuster). Might be worth sending a pic of the damage to TF Tuned.

I_Ache
    Free Member

If the Uturn adjuster still fits on top I would just fit and forget it. Rounding off the corners from filing will probably affect usability more than just leaving it as it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I dropped a Pike spring’ is closed to new replies.