Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I Didn't Use My MTB Last Year…..
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I haven’t used my mountain bike since August 2014….

A combination of injury at the end of 2014 and then a stupidly busy 2015 has meant it has hung in the garage doing nothing. I have managed to build it a new rear wheel (26″ so almost a case of what’s the point), fit some new pads and bit of tweaking. I also got my daughter riding her balance bike (which is great feeling) But I’ve never managed to ride my MTB.
    Today its a nice sunny day. I will be putting up shelves and then flooring the loft. Can’t be avoided as new baby turns up in a few weeks. I feel bad about the bike though……

deadkenny
    Free Member

Today its a nice sunny day

Guess you don’t live in Britain then!

mattsccm
    Free Member

You’ll end up like me. The MTB was always 1/3rd of my cycling, with gravel and road. I tucked the Spec enduro away in December 2010 and ride it round the garden once a year. Not worth selling now.

ravingdave

Sounds like you are in a similar position to me. I have a 2 yr old and a 10 week old. Family stuff takes priority so I make time around that for a ride. On new years Eve I was up on dartmoor at 8am riding whilst sun came up. Lovely. I see it that if I want to order do my hobby then I have to make time outside family time. It is difficult balancing everything though…

lunge

Same here so I sold it in September, almost a year to the day after its last ride.

spxxky
    Free Member

You have to make time for yourself… can you commute? Take a couple of hours a week to get out… at least it’s something. You also probably have to overcome the apathy… once you get riding again you’ll realise just how much you missed it. Weather doesn’t help but just go for it 🙂

MrOvershoot

I only rode a mountain bike on Wednesday evenings this year, like mattsccm my FS bike has been laid up for a few years (2010 Trek Remedy) as its worth sod all I’ll keep it just in case.
    All other rides have been CX or Road as its better time wise for me.

daviek

We have 4 kids, 3, 5, 7, & 9 year olds and it’s only in the past 6 months I’ve managed to get time to go out regularly again rather than once every few months. It’s maybe only once a week at the minute but like spxxky says once you get over the initial ride then you’ll remember why you liked it in the first place.
    You just have to try and make time for yourself, Even now when I’m getting ready to go out I still think of all the crap that still needs done but you’ve just to forget it for a few hours and get out of the house :D?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I rode 10,000+ miles and raced 30ish times in 2014. I probably did 500 miles in 2015 and probably rode my mtb 3 or 4 times.
    No real intention of doing much more this year.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Just make the time, don’t use a road bike an excuse for not having fun just because it’s less hassle.

Family… rule 11 http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I bike to work on my fixied gear every day. But that’s not the same as charging around the woods. I need to get up earlier at the weekend I think.

ravingdave

It’s painful setting the alarm for 6 something. The same as a work day. But it keeps me sane. Find the time somewhere/somehow. LBS’S often do a weekly ride on a weekday evening or something try to join that. My other half really struggles with me riding and that is my main challenge to overcome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I Didn't Use My MTB Last Year…..’ is closed to new replies.