Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • I can't stop eating peanuts
  • molgrips
    Free Member

On flat, a gnat’s under 25 mins. And I mean dead flat, it was an outdoor track.

28 mins is not bad if you had traffic problems.

If you want to test yourself properly you need a route without traffic lights or busy junctions, and that’s out and back. Dual carriageways are good for this – start five miles from a roundabout and you can turn round without having to slow much. Grim riding tho, but that’s the whole point 🙂 Sometimes industrial estates have suitable drags that are quiet after working hours.

If you can get to Reading there’s an outdoor track there you can use.

EDIT: lol@tags 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Molgrips, how do you manage to ride normal roads at constant power? Can manage it on a turbo trainer, but on normal roads it seems pretty impossible and my power is all over the place what with undulations in the terrain and headwinds/tailwinds.

molgrips
    Free Member

Focus, and use the gears a LOT. I can keep it within 20W or so mostly. There’s a knack to it, which I have lost after riding without for 3 months and then refitting it.

Depends what you mean by constant of course.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Guess it’s about finding suitable routes as well. Roads are fairly rolling around here so quite tricky to do a constant power interval on them. Do use the gears a lot but suspect I need a closer ratio cassette and I’m tempted to go compact on the chainset too as my cadence is quite high (will people laugh?)

binners

He manages it cos he’s peanut-powered mrblobby. Peanuts are the answer to everything

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d be worried about clogging my drains with peanut butter!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can get to Reading… easy.

*starts looking at tri-bikes*

Kuco

Peanut butter, strawberry jam and banana a great sandwich on the bike 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Roads are fairly rolling around here so quite tricky to do a constant power interval on them

It can be done – I live in South Wales. I’d say don’t go compact because the gap between rings is annoyingly big. Triple for me. I find to keep the power low enough on the climbs I need the granny even for modest climbs which feels like ridiculous tootling – and then on the downs I have to ride like an animal to keep the power up. On the brakes too if it’s steep enough.

*starts looking at tri-bikes*

No fair – my time was on a plain road bike! And my legs were hairy!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Triple for me

Did any roadies laugh?

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t know any. And fk em, I don’t care! At least I have an interesting hobby as well.

Oh and Yeti, Cardiff also has an outdoor track if you fancy pursuit 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Own them with a triple 🙂

outdoor track.. cool didn’t know that. Can anyone use it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks a bit intimidating… reading velodrome

andyl
    Free Member

i am addicted to pistachios at the moment!

have a large bag in the car I keep munching every time I stop in traffic.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I think the Reading track is open to all comers, not sure. The Cardiff one is though (Maindy). You pay £2.50 or something and ride round in circles. Clubs and things have it booked off, mostly in the evenings from 6.30. It’s not locked mind so you could go there at any time after the swimming pool is closed…

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I can't stop eating peanuts’ is closed to new replies.