Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • howies merino
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

Anyone know whether merino shrinks when its been machine washed?

Ta

RichPenny
    Free Member

Always done my base layer at 40 deg with everything else, no problems after a couple of years.

2tyred

Nope, washed all my howies merino at normal 40deg cycle for years and never had a problem. I've several of the light and mid-weight stuff, its always washed fine, unlike others I've seen.

smorgie
    Free Member

My Howies one hasn't after 2 years of washing……Endura BaaBaa one has though.

miketually
    Free Member

Mine hasn't shrunk either. Don't wash it with velcro though…

Ambrose

Howies stuff doesn't shrink when machine washed according to the care label. Craghoppers stuff most definately does. Anyone got an ActionMan that needs a thermal top or two?

eldridge
    Free Member

Merino does not shrink

It's quite warm

And it's unbelievably, incredibly itchy and uncomfortable

disco_stu
    Free Member

mine gets used on a commute every day and washed once a week for the past 2 years and theres been no shrinkage

uplink
    Free Member

Does Howies stuff shrink?

Maybe your lifestyle coach would know?

😉

cp

As above, tee shirt must be 4+ years old and no shrinkage whatsoever. use it loads, it's been very bombproof.

woodsman
    Free Member

In general merino does shrink over time, no matter how careful it is washed. The two Howie's tops I have haven't yet, they are 6 months old. I have a Swobo top which has I'm sure, it feels so nice though that I have bought another (long sleeve version this time) for the coming autumn/winter but, in a size bigger.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My Howies Haven't shrunk on normal 40 degree wash. Nor has my fat face stuff.

I had two crag hopper tops that certainly did shrink. they were too small for my size 8 wife to wear after one normal wash.

cxi
    Free Member

I've shrunk an Aldi merino top and I know of Craghoppers top that was teddy-bear sized after one trip through the washer at 40deg.

Hence I hand wash my Craghoppers and Smartwool merino stuff.

Kit
    Free Member

None of my Howies stuff has ever shrunk. My embers merino top, however, did shrink on 2nd or 3rd wash, following the instructions, and they wouldn't refund it 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

Mine never shrank but it did get wierd holes appearing in it. Which Howies said was normal ware and tare. No other Merino base layer has done this. Ground Effects is my fav.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘howies merino’ is closed to new replies.