Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • how to stop glasses steaming up
  • milkyman
    Free Member

just been out for a short ride and half way up first climb glasses steamed up to the point where I couldn’t see, its ok when there is a wind blowing to keep them de misted but when its slow going up a climb and its drizzling rain and warm ish weather its a real pain
    thanks

Kryton57

Spray and wipe off with Mr Sheen, inside and out.

onewheelgood

FogTech from visorvision.co.uk is the best I’ve found.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wish I knew as I have tried nearly all the solutions normally mentioned here (not Mr Sheen though!). I am wondering if my only solution is shift two stone! I have given up on wearing glasses and suffer mud, grit in the eyes as a consequence.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Oakley do a pen to put a coating on the lens. Not tried it so dont know if it works or not though, might just be an expensive gimmick

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Tried the muc off stuff, doesnt work. I now use fairy liquid. Small drop and clean off with kitchen roll. Jobs a goodun!

crikey
    Free Member

Oakley do a pen to put a coating on the lens. Not tried it so dont know if it works or not though, might just be an expensive gimmick

Does work, but within reason.

If your glasses steam up when you ride uphill, take them off…

Oakley Nanoclear works best to get rain to roll off the front of the lens…

TooTall
    Free Member

Change your style of glasses. Worn them for over 30 years and rarely have an issue with them steaming up ever.

globalti
    Free Member

Ride faster.

geologist
    Free Member

I think the muc off stuff is really good. You do have to apply before every ride though, not the 2 or 3 rides it recommends.

alexpalacefan

Get one of those string things that people use to stop them losing glasses. Then just pop ’em off and let ’em hang down when you’re climbing. Easy to put ’em straight back on when it heads down

Alex

mrsoane
    Free Member

Tiny bit of spit on the inside, polish off, job done, used to do this with my motorcycle visor.

chives
    Free Member

Ended up taking mine off completely during a foggy XC race last year, made for a very ‘entertaining’ evenings riding! (came last but one IIRC)!

Washing up liquid kinda works, I suffer more with my eyes watering to be honest (don’t think fairy will help with that mind)!

jam-bo

Never wear them.

Crud catcher and neoguard mean even in the filthiest conditions very little gets through.

taxi25
    Free Member

Second the fairy liquid method. Been using it for 30+yrs not found anything to beat it yet.

fenred
    Free Member

Post fail!

fenred
    Free Member

Third for washing up liquid, just dont cover your gob with a buff during winter and you should be all good!

nickc

Rain-X is pretty good (get it from halfrauds)

cheap fix is rub candle wax on both sides and polish off.

eshershore
    Free Member

in Scuba diving (I was a BSAC Dive Leader) it was always spit or fairy liquid in your goggles before rinsing out with ambient water

in cycling? I’ve been using Specialized Toro glasses for years which thankfully have a vented lens design which means no fogging, even during wet / warm winter rides at low speed, once you start moving the lens instantly clears

shame they don’t make the damn things any more…!

jkomo

If they are a plastic frame which sits directly on the nose, there is no air circulation.
    Get a narrower metal pair for riding, nose pads lift away from face.

tonyd

Spit.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bandana and fairy liquid combo worked today. First ever ride where I have kept glasses on. And it was warm and sunny! Result.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I’ve used RainX on mine, it does work but not as good as Fairy Liquid. 😀

superfli
    Free Member

Cat crap from the states off ebay. Discovered it whilst boarding in Canada late 90’s, recently remembered it and ordered myself a couple of little tubs.
    Even so, its not perfect, but worth a try. In fact I try not to use glasses anymore, they just pish me off. I find goggles much better, but depending on your riding, could look a little silly 🙂

proflexforever
    Free Member

fairy liquid WIN…been using that method for about 9 years….did one side with much off anti fog and one side fairy liquid diluted and the fairy liquid worked ALOT better…. spec savers said you shouldnt use it on their polarized glasses though appratnly

mintimperial

I use the Muc Off stuff, works for me with an application every few rides. Swimming goggle anti-mist stuff is good too. I’ve tried washing up liquid as well, but it didn’t work very well, too unreliable.

FWIW I wear prescription glasses for riding so I need them to be clear in all conditions.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘how to stop glasses steaming up’ is closed to new replies.