Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How to impress Mr Peat.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So a mate of mines just rang and I’ve had a good old chuckle at his expense. He’s newish to this mountain bike thing, just over a year riding and decided to try some different trails today. So has half a day and as he’s working in Sheffield goes to wharfcliffe woods. Gets lost and comes across a bloke tinkering outside his house. Over he goes and asks mr peat if he rides bikes at all and if so could he point him in the right direction 😆
    Peaty apparently broke into a big fat grin and said yeah I ride a bit 😉

lapierrelady

I had an experience similar to this when I was introduced to ‘Tracy’ whilst playing netball in the Malverns with the classic, ‘Tracy likes bikes too’. Cue embarrassingly attempt at conversation by me, coupled with the growing realisation that ‘Tracy’ was ‘Tracy Mosely’
    SHAME ON ME!

iainc

many years ago my Dad asked a rowdy American and his party in a restaurant to pipe down and stop singing…….was only Bruce Springsteen !

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gave-that-josh-bryceland-a-piece-of-my-mind-today

Also bumped into Rob Roskopp at Stainburn one evening, I got a photo, but posted it so many times on here now, it’s embarrassing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Apparently my mate didn’t twig when he saw the box van with fox/SRAM/hope etc etc stickers all over it!! Got chatting and he apparently just said, your name isn’t Steve is it, cue another grin from Mr Peat. Reckoned he was a top bloke tho and really helpful!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got lost riding on Mt Tam. A group of hippies on bikes rode towards me. I asked for directions then realized the head honcho was Charlie Kelly!

It was a good job I found them before their smokeables stop. They could find no correlation between that and their increased crash frequency.

Bregante

I visited a demo day at llandegla a few years ago and tried a few bikes out. I got back from a quick spin on a Meta 5.5 and gave it back to a girl on the Commencal stand. “what did you think?” she asked. ” I definitely wouldn’t choose one over a Heckler” I said, probably sounding like a right smartarse. “Any reason why?” said the guy stood next to her. Just as I was about to spout some shite explanation it dawned on me that it was Dan and Rachel Atherton! My eloquent answer was “dunno really” 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

i asked a famous german 4x rider if he needed help setting up his bike before a tour. mate i was working with explained that it was his mate Tschugg and he knew exactly what he was doing. nice bloke.

went out drinking with him in the evening. got very messy. good laugh.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve met Neil Donoghue, he was sound.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I often ride in the woods behind nationwide in swindon with eddie kid and evil kenevil. They are a pair of blaggards.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Professor Heinz Wolff once asked me for directions

thread closed!

brakes
    Free Member

A guy called Mark from the Isle of Man once asked where I got my explosive sprinting speed from.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff – saw him at north west mtb in cheadle building up the bikes for his SPS team – thoroughly down to earth chap

Lifer
    Free Member

I bullied Tim Henman at school…

repatriot
    Free Member

Riding through the trails in Perth (WA) once and bumped into a nice chap riding with his son, turned out it was Sam Hill with his dad! Had a good old chin wag and about bikes and riding the local trails. Stoked!

bigrich

i was in a sushi resturant in soho when Hulk Hogan came in with his entourage and said “Hulkster wants sashimi”

captaincarbon
    Free Member

😀 at Lifer! Guess he wasn’t a tiger even then!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How to impress Mr Peat.’ is closed to new replies.