• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • How to check your Full sus Mountain bike pivot bearings condition
  • kaesae
    Free Member

This is the check I do on mountain bike pivot bearings, I was hoping to show riders how to do this a while back, but can’t find the time.

The basic check for frame bearings, where you remove the rear shock and run it through it’s travel isn’t fool proof.

Because of the amount of leverage you can apply with the rear end you can have bearings that are binding and not know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROecj559gk

This is the check I would advise people to do and this is the best time of year to service your frames and complete bikes.

If anyone needs to know the best way to check their individual frame, just post up or send me an email.

Don’t assume that your bearings are in good condition just because you’re not aware of a problem, verify the condiiton for yourselves.

If it gets to the point that you’re aware of a problem, more likely the job will be a good bit harder.

As for how long your bearings will last, Specialized, Scott, giant all run JNK brand bearings 1 to 2 years, 3 at a push, although from 2008 onward specialized also run TPX branded bearings.

Santa cruz, lappiere, and a lot of top end frames still run Enduro max, round about 3 years unless you jet wash regularly.

Commencal and a lot of Kona’s frames run S+S brand bearings 1 to 2 years again.

The guide isn’t very good and neither is the thread, but it’s the best I can do.

Yes I know, I’m a mental.

Here’s comes cynic-al

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘How to check your Full sus Mountain bike pivot bearings condition’ is closed to new replies.