Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How the **** do you read notifications
  • SOAP
    Free Member

where do I click to read a notification. On iPad or iPhone

leffeboy

the red bell thing at the top of the page?  you don’t – it’s a ‘feature’, that’s all.  You’re not meant to use it. Really

Stoner
    Free Member

just ignore it. “Features” in here are not worth the bother.

whitestone
    Free Member

You don’t. It just lets you know that someone’s replied to your thread(s) but doesn’t provide a link to said thread(s). I start so few threads that I know what’s being replied to so just delete them and head to the thread via the main forum pages. It’s a known bug, sorry feature, that is on the list of things to work on, sorry, forget about.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

leffeboy

I have no useful contribution to make

yay – I wondered if that still worked 🙂

Drac

It’s broke but every now and then when the moon is high, the sun low and there’s a T on the month it works.

tjagain

I cannot even clear it so I have notifications there but totally useless.  At least it doesn’t actually stop anything from happening I suppose.

Drac

You can clear them by click the Read link.

leffeboy

you can even clear lots of them by clicking on the box to the left of notifications to select them all, then going down to bulk actions and selecting delete.  It’s very exciting

tjagain

All I seem to be able to do is clear them individually and with over a hundred there thats not going to happen.

tjagain

Ah – found the ” bulk actions” link

really clunky and badly thought out even if it worked.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>

You can clear them by click the Read link.

</p><p>Care to take a random stab in the dark and guess what my reply to that is?</p><p> :P</p>

Drac

You’re still using a outdated browser?

somafunk

Took me a while to figure out what it was for but i now realise it’s the number of folk who have smashed their screen in frustration after attempting to click on it.

Safari btw,

zippykona

Aren’t you glad that you’re not Matt Out and about?

Drac

Took me a while to figure out what it was for but i now realise it’s the number of folk who have smashed their screen in frustration after attempting to click on it.

Can’t be, it hasn’t hit triple figures.

vazaha

I’ve only been here a short while, and whilst one baulks at biting the hand that feeds it…

This forum is proper shit isn’t it?

Nothing about it, bar its contributors, works.

Drac

Nothing about it, bar its contributors, works.

And even those are questionable.

DickBarton

@matt_outandabout has has to get a new phone with a bigger screen as the number of alerts must be about 7 figures now and it is claimed that that amount of red makes the forum unusable on a small-screened mobile!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How the **** do you read notifications’ is closed to new replies.