Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How remiss of me – latest ankle update from the weekend
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Being a hero at Southampton Bike Park went slightly wrong when my foot was bucked off the pedal on on eof the jumps and I landed with my ankle on the chain ring. It cut into the flesh a bit.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Oh well links to google photos not working. Imagine a fecked ankle fecked a bit more with a 2.5 inch deep cut in it

dirkpitt74

Unlucky dude – can’t help thinking the user name isn’t helping lol.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Some names are chosen, others are earned

Greybeard
    Free Member

Ouch. I think a few people will be glad that you don’t see the photos unless you click on the links. Best wishes for healing, and I hope it doesn’t get infected or otherwise complicated.

Sandwich

Greybeard, with WCA’s record there will be complications. He’s known for doing a thorough job!

GWS WCA

eddiebaby
    Free Member

When you get in the sexpond it must be like you’re chumming for shark. 😲

chipster

Get well soon. Try to keep out of harm’s way.

big_scot_nanny

Ouchy! You’ve really quite a track record fella. As others said, heal fast (almost a pun…)

Were you running a double, or had the chain come off a single ring?

Did it smart a bit when it happened, or was it one of the those ‘ZING’ moments when it feels like a glancing blow at first?

One of my riding buddies used to take the piss out of me for having a bash in place of the big ring on a triple (in the days before 1x was a proper thing), until he rolled his foot off the front of his drive side pedal and sliced a 10 stitch gash deep into his calf. He didn’t realise how bad it was at first, it was me riding behind that had to draw his attention to maybe stopping. He also stopped taking the piss out fo my bash guard 🙂

longdog
    Free Member

Loving the photos 😀
    That looks pretty nasty, hope it heals well and soon.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was on the e-bike which has a small front ring with two metal plates either side acting like bash guards. When my leg landed it was one of those plates that sliced into the flesh up to the point that it hit the pedal arm and couldn’t quite force that into my ankle too.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BjvM5mWfCx3FDTtT6

The red box shows about how far it went into the ankle.

On the bright side, if you had done it you would have severed the peroneal artery and probably bled to death at the bike park. I survived because I had already severed the artery in a previous injury. Every cloud has a silver lining…

24 hours on IV antibiotics and now tablets for three weeks.
    Pretty much pain free as the nerves in the ankle are ‘compromised’ to the point that I had rode the rest of the line including another jump before stopping to check for blood to be sure I had done the injury. Then rode home to drop the bike off and walked over to the hospital.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice close ups there!
    Man your legs have taken a battering… or is all the same leg?
    Heal well and do some pretty art stuff til the doc says it’s safe to ride again (yeah, right. That’ll happen! 🙂 )

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

All the same leg.

Can’t do art as I created the artists studio in the attic and can’t climb a ladder on crutches.

I guess I have more time to restore the 1953 Rover 75 now…

senorj

As my uncle used to say, “in another life, you must have cuddled a nun “
    Except he didn’t say “cuddled”.
    😊

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How remiss of me – latest ankle update from the weekend’ is closed to new replies.