Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How old is too old?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Clearly riding around on a Muddy fox courier would be a niche hobby, but how old would a bike be to cross that line into the ‘bikes are very different nowadays’ category?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

well if your happy riding whatever the bike is don’t worry about what anyone else thinks.

But my Zesty is worlds apart from my old courier!!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Slack angls on the Muddy Fox…

ton

valleydaddy………..i bet the 3 points of contact are pretty much in the same place.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

sure, but ‘happy enough’ is not quite the point. I mean going round some of the trail centres on a MF courier would miss the point.

igm

Ton – looks like the effective angles ain’t that different either

martyntr
    Free Member

Off on a tangent slightly, but I’ve just rescued my 1989 Muddy Fox Courier Comp from my Mum and Dads… I feel some kind of project coming on in 2011 🙂

Northwind

I’ve just rebuilt an old 90s steel rigid mtb and you know what? It’s rubbish. It was rubbish when I bought it but it passed for good at the time, because we didn’t know better then. People argue about where and when mountain bikes were invented, well as far as I can tell they hadn’t been invented by 1991. I’ve had my modern rigid out for a few proper rides lately and it’s great fun so it’s not just a suspension thing- old bikes are poo.

I stopped mtbing for a long time so I’m not sure at what point they stopped being poo though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How old is too old?’ is closed to new replies.