Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • How Much to Tarmac a driveway
  • jordie
    Free Member

I have got somebody coming around tomorrow but i have no idea on a price. It is roughly 3 cars length long, anybody any idea on a ballpark price.Oh they are a local company not pikeys

qwerty
    Free Member

DO NOT BUY A CARAVAN

br
    Free Member

What is key is how they prepare and sort out the edges.

bighendo
    Free Member

..and don`t pay a penny
    until the job is completed and you are thoroughly satisfied!!

robhughes
    Free Member

beware the pikey…lol

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why would you tarmac and not concrete?

jordie
    Free Member

every concrete driveway i have seen is all cracked and looks in a sorry state.My parents house has had tarmac for 25 years and it has stood up to the weather (-19 in the winter) pretty good

yunki
    Free Member

tirty quid and a dahg..

carlos
    Free Member

Ballpark figure I’d say is around 50 – 70 quid a mtr. Thats allowing for removal of the existing and a 100mm hardcore base as well as the actual tarmac.
    As mentioned, prep and edge finish is key not to mention the actual quality and thickness of the tarmac itself. Ask for references and to go and see a previous job or two. It’s so easy to do a very nice looking but absolutley sh1t job that’ll not last the winter.

Have you thought about Indian stone or concrete print??

poppa
    Free Member

I’d say is around 50 – 70 quid a mtr.

1D driveway?

KT1973
    Free Member

monoblock it

montylikesbeer

f&*k it I’ll do the fight for free……….

jamesy01
    Free Member

Say the drive is 15 x 4.
    Dig x 200mm deep at £3 = £180
    Disposal x 12m3 @ £50/m3 = £600
    150mm type 1 base @ £7/m2 = £420
    6×2″ kerb @ £15/m = £570
    50mm carpave @ £18/m2 = £1,080.00
    Total for 60m2 drive = £2,850.00 or £47.50/m2

adt
    Free Member

1 ton of tarmac will cover 20 sqr mtr at 1 inch so work it out from there,Layer of M.O.T as a sub base ,just make sure they dont lay it on shit at least 75mm mot I have worked for Highway depo for 20 year .6mm/10mm is hard wearing stuff layed correctly make sure they use an emulsion if they are over laying also I would rather have tarmac than block or imprint .

scrappy
    Free Member

I think you need more than 1 inch of asphalt on top of the sub base… tytpical highways agency, no wonder they keep re-digging up the roads.
    As a guide: you’ll need a well compacted sub-base MOT type 1 or similar hardcore. Then 50-100mm asphalt binding layer using 20mm aggregates and then the final layer of 10mm asphalt 20-40mm thick.

allthepies
    Free Member

monoblock will look so much nicer. Or use gravel and keep the natural soakaway, every man/dog tarmacking their drive/front garden etc causes lots of rain runoff and can overload the drains causing local flooding.

wwaswas

you need planning permission to build a non permeable drive round my way now.

carlos
    Free Member

Just a thought, ask for a quick drawing to show the thickness of each layer and what it consists of. Might be an idea to get a couple more quotes to.

psling
    Free Member

Just had our [existing tarmac] drive repaired, tarred and gritted for £1600, no idea what it would cost to get a new tarmac area done but, as said above, getting the basework done is key to a long-lasting job. Ours is more of a lane really, about 400m long and it would be 20 years or so since it was last done [before I moved here].

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I thought tarmac was meant to be a permeable surface?

I recall a Rogue traders a few years ago, and depth of the top coat was also important, the badies were trying to get away with as little as possible. Can’t recall the exact depth though!

allthepies
    Free Member

I thought tarmac was meant to be a permeable surface?

Eh!

matt_outandabout

Meh, how much for 1 mile of single track road and ditches, halfway up a Scottish mountain? Work is just getting some quotes in for our ‘drive’….

carlos
    Free Member

So what was the quote then jordie??

jordie
    Free Member

The man phoned a 5.30 when he was supposed to be turning up and said he was running late because of the weather. It was pretty bad up here on friday and i was going out at six so we have a new time of tomorrow night i will let you know then how much ££££££

Miggins
    Free Member

Get gravel. It’s cheaper and you won’t get burgled.

rob2
    Free Member

we just had a gravel drive done

90m2
    Removed existing concrete drive and dug out a lawn area
    New base with 20mm gravel on top
    Built new wall
    12ft gate plus posts
    all edging done nicely
    And they dug out a tree and a load of pampas grass in the front!!
    Removed all spoil etc

3k total (south Oxon area)

Took them 4.5 days

If that’s any help.

Its a bugger to get the bins out though across the gravel !

jordie
    Free Member

£2500 to dig out sub base then base macadam then the finishing tarmac on top I cant remember the depth of it all but overall 10 inches of stuff.I also got some photos of previous work and they are local.I have checked these out and it looks good. So it is getting done next week yay

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘How Much to Tarmac a driveway’ is closed to new replies.