Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How much to sell a £3k car on Autotrader?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I can’t seem to find out without going through the whole process of creating an entire advert?
    Has anyone recently advertised who could tell me how much it costs?

nickjb
    Free Member

£37 for a basic ad, about £50 for one of their premium ones. ebay, gumtree and facebook all cheaper/free and usually better IMO

Jamie
    Free Member

Just in case you wanted to use eBay:

choppersquad
    Free Member

Thanks nickjb.
    Not looked at eBay because I presumed you’d get stung for a percentage of what you sell it for?
    Will check out those other options too.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie.
    You posted that while I was replying.
    Very helpful.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t forget the final value fees don’t always apply. As most the time eBay’s involvement starts and ends with getting eyes on your car. As unless the buyer is an eccentric millionaire, they will want to come and look at the car, and deal done in person.

choppersquad
    Free Member

So if you can excuse me for being an idiot, how do eBay know how much to charge if they don’t know how much you’ve sold the car for?

AlexSimon

Presumably that 1% final fee doesn’t apply to classifieds

wwaswas

I wouldn’t use gumtree.

I was looking for a car on there – 80% of the ones I found were fake ads. I stopped using it.

johndoh
    Free Member

As above – I would be inclined to sell on Gumtree at that price point.

Jamie
    Free Member

So if you can excuse me for being an idiot, how do eBay know how much to charge if they don’t know how much you’ve sold the car for?

They charge you up front. A classified listing costs £14.99, and will be billed to eBay account when submitted. The 1% will be charged when someone clicks buy on the listing. But usually that never happens, as usually you’ll get a message from someone interested, and the deal will be done as per ye olde ad in the back of the paper. Once car is sold, just end the listing.

lol.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I know – saw that as I posted it but thought ‘stuff it’.

🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mate sold his X3 10yr old 100k miles for £4k on guntree seemed pretty happy. He posted his ad link on facebook too. Have another friend who enjoyed bangernomics on eBay buying as the family car. So many options

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How much to sell a £3k car on Autotrader?’ is closed to new replies.