How much to lay carpet?

Home Forum Chat Forum How much to lay carpet?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How much to lay carpet?
  • soobalias

fit $50
    supply, could be $200, then upwards depending what you want.

cynic-al

Nope, but m2 isn’t as relevant as difficulty of the job – joins, corners, stairs etc.

cynic-al

$/£50 are you having a laugh I paid £40 for a small square room with one doorway only WTF

allthepies

£50 to fit all that, really ? 😯

soobalias

just paid $60 for stairs/landing/bedroom, pretty much double that size – it was an educated guess/dont shoot the messenger

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I should have mentioned that the carpet I am looking at is ‘berber loop’ in the 5.99 to 9.99 per square metre range, plus underlay at around 7 per square metre.

Sounds like most (maybe half, depending on the fit on the stairs) of a day’s work for a carpet fitter.

b r

Surely you’ve got the carpet supplier to quote for fitting?

tinribz

Recently had quotes between £2 and £4 pm for fitting.

nealglover

No more than £450 to supply and fit if you go for the upper half of the price range you mentioned for the carpet.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I know I will only get a ‘ballpark’ figure at best, but if anyone on here has experience laying carpet, how much do you think I should expect to pay for a fitter to supply and fit the following:

carpet for an 8 metre long hallway, a narrow staircase going up to my loft with a small landing at the top and bottom, and carpet wrapped around a 12-step open staircase

I am told that we are talking about 18m2.

Any ideas?

dyna-ti

How much have you got big boy 😉

sry 😳

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

Thanks, nealglover. That’s about what I was quoted. But seeing as I had no experience, I wanted to know something of the realm I should be thinking in.

Our local carpet place charges £2.50 per square metre for fitting. One price for both underlay and carpet.

Premier Icon totalshell
    Subscriber

just paid 620 for 4 bedrooms and large landing, carpet and underlay/ two bathrooms

Getting a full dorma-bungalow done as we speak, fitters words were dont buy the underlay/grippers off the carpet shop as its where they make the money, i will be half the price, base it on £35 a room to fit gripper underlay and carpet, as im doing the whole house there will be a saving on this price.So we are looking at £220 ish for the lot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How much to lay carpet?’ is closed to new replies.