Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much oil for the bath in fox 36s?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I know what the manual says but there's room in there for a bit more and I'm not too worried about adding a few grams of oil.

How much are other people running in there for the bath? ALso, I'll be trying the tip of using motorcycle engine oil instead of damper oil as it's just sloshing around keeping things wet and slippery.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No one?

Onzadog
    Free Member

and once again for the evening crowd.

LoCo
    Free Member

Which fork, which leg?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

loco – also 2009 talas 32s (in the talas leg)?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, should have said. It's a 2006 Van 36 RC2. I know the manual says 25cc in each let but I thought I'd heard of people running more as it just sloshes around rather than doing any critical damping function.

I know too much and nasty things would happen but there's certainly room in the spring leg for a bit more.

Often wondered if you could leave the bottom of the damper cartridge off and tweak it to run as an open bath fork. (but that's a project for another day)

LoCo
    Free Member

Ralph, 10 cc of 10wt in lower of Talas side.

LoCo
    Free Member

Onza spring leg will take 'a bit' more, damper side 'not alot' more.

The damper has a bladder in it, so I don't think running it open without it would work that well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers Loco. I was just thinking out loud really. If I left the bottom off the damper and didn't refit the bladder but put more oil in, wouldn't it use the oil it needs from the open bath that had been created?

robkhoo
    Free Member

I've got about 100ml in the spring leg of my Van Rs to keep the left hand leg bushings lubed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers robkhoo. Did you top up the damper side as well?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much oil for the bath in fox 36s?’ is closed to new replies.