Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 370 total)
  • How much does Glastonbury pay the BBC…
  • kayak23

If she is only getting the occasional bit of feedback that can set off a chain reaction

Wouldn’t want to be caught in the middle of that!

J-R

Anyone know what’s happened to the McCartney set on BBC iPlayer – doesn’t seem to be there?

theotherjonv

Jarvis not delivering the classic set I think the crowd want, but I’m strangely enjoying it, while sort of watching through my fingers.

Jamze

Anyone know what’s happened to the McCartney set on BBC iPlayer – doesn’t seem to be there?

BBC keep saying ‘soon’. It’s on Sounds now I think.

scruff9252

I really enjoyed that Jarvis set!

how old is that song ‘…. are still running the world’? Yet it feels ever more relevant!

Northwind

theotherjonv

Jarvis not delivering the classic set I think the crowd want, but I’m strangely enjoying it, while sort of watching through my fingers.

Saw a Jarvis solo thing a while back that definitely felt a bit like watching a nervous breakdown…

kelvin

Loved the JARV…IS set, but then I knew what to expect from this band. And that is… NOT PULP.

rOcKeTdOg

In ♥️ with Kacey Musgrave’s hunters

J-R

Thanks for the reply.

richardkennerley

Seems to be quite a few things missing from the app at the moment.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Kendrick Lamar is on soon….

Am I the only one who thinks the start of his new song sounds like something from Flight of the Conchords???

teenrat
    Free Member

Was hoping to see ghost, ltj bukem and goldie on iplayer but not there unfortunately. Apart from skunk anansie, there’s nothing on iplayer that floats my boat.

And Sleaford mods….. God knows why anyone would pay to watch that. A guy jumping up and down with a laptop of precorded backing beats and a bloke shouting.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is **** awesome. He’s so good.

whatgoesup

McCartney set is up.

somafunk

Bicep now then I’ll catch up on lorde and that’ll do for me

Yak

Hmmm, on the iPlayer now and can’t find Amyl. Too soon after they were live?

BoardinBob

Have to say McCartney has been a lot better than I expected. I’ve nearly cringed to death any time I’ve heard him live in the last 10 years but he’s been far better here. Band are tight too which helps

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I love Kendrick Lamar, but I’d much rather listen to an album, where I don’t have to hear 1000s of white kids screaming along trying to prove how well they’ve learned the words. Its truly grim.

chrismac

Kendrick Lamar is on soon….

And turned over 5 minutes later as it was truly dreadful and unlistenable. No idea what the lyrics were. If that’s the best of hip hop then it’s in trouble Dancers were well choreographed

copa
    Free Member

Kendrick Lamar has no flow. Madly overrated.
    All looks good tho.

theotherjonv

Hmmm, on the iPlayer now and can’t find Amyl. Too soon after they were live?

You can go to the livestream, watch from start and fast forward through to the right time (times at the bottom are clock time, at least on mine). Or watch from now and wind back.

Yak

theotherjonv – great! Thanks.

somafunk

Bicep are the broadcast highlight of the festival for me, bonobo were also good but real shame the chemical brothers couldn’t make it due to covid

chrismac

Enjoying the trip down memory Lane with the pet shop boys greatest hits set

joelowden

@copa.. thanks for that . Mighty set from Angelique Kidjo👍

copa
    Free Member

thanks for that . Mighty set from Angelique Kidjo👍

It really was. Shame it was tucked away a bit.

inkster
    Free Member

“I love Kendrick Lamar, but I’d much rather listen to an album, where I don’t have to hear 1000s of white kids screaming along trying to prove how well they’ve learned the words. Its truly grim”

Kind of feel the same, thought that the vision mixer must have been working overtime, making sure the camera cut away from Carol from Milton Keynes, sat on the shoulders of Jason from accounts whilst belting out the N word with zero sense of self awareness.

I love hip-hop but its not exactly sing along stuff is It?..

“Kendrick Lamar has no flow”

Says the man with no rhythm.

kelvin

Enjoying the trip down memory Lane

Was worried at the start when Chris Lowe was hidden away! Full on nostalgia set that one. Only two songs from recent decades.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Khruangbin for me, from Fridays park stage. What a sound, effortless groove, break beats, eastern, surf, psych, ennio Morricone, Apache. Lots of tunes familiar from radio 6 too.

theotherjonv

just catching up on Khruangbin, and into the Miserylou/Apache cover, which was a surprise.

Great tones, top groove. And apparently that’s a £300 bass; albeit with upgraded bits. Just like I’m sure Tom Pidcock would kick any of our arses on a Halfords bike, if you have it you have it.

kelvin

Bicep is going down well… get the subwoofer going…

Merak
    Free Member

Kendrick Lamar has no flow.

Ok boomer.

halifaxpete

Just caught some of Biceps set on the telly, gonna have to revisit that on Iplayer (tomo when the missus is out and I can crank the volume up) looked/sounded awesome.

jeffl

Finished on a high note by watching Bicep. Love them and they did not disappoint.

Not been to Glastonbury for 22 years now (how time flies) but am tempted to go to the next one. Even if there’s no one on you particularly love there’s so much other nonsense happening, it’s great

fingerbang
    Free Member

just catching up on Khruangbin, and into the Miserylou/Apache cover, which was a surprise.

Great tones, top groove. And apparently that’s a £300 bass; albeit with upgraded bits. Just like I’m sure Tom Pidcock would kick any of our arses on a Halfords bike, if you have it you have it.

Just a fantastic set. Talk about musical journey, I left out funk, disco and Americana and then into a house medley at the end ?! snap/crystal waters/big fun

What a band

somafunk

Bicep is going down well… get the subwoofer going…

Listening at 97db @ 2meters here in my living room, absolute highlight of the festival for me. Gonna have a 2nd listen

CountZero

that can set off a chain reaction

Badoom tish!

I think it left her a bit of a mountain to climb…

Was hoping to see ghost

Saw them supporting Metallica three years or so ago. Metallica were awesome, ghost I just wanted the set to finish

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Bonobo
    Burna Boy
    Bicep

All really good, enjoyed from my lounge at least. Might move to a different letter next.

yoshimi

Courtney Barnett!

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Latest Singletrack podcast episode is now live - Talking about warranties - Listen now