• This topic has 122 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • How many Everests?
  • ajantom

How many Everests have you climbed on the bike this year?

I’m up to 9.62 so far (85,114 ÷ 8849).

So should hopefully make 10 Everests by the end of the year.

tjagain

Dunno on the bike but I do approx one Everest a year walking up the stairs to my flat 🙂

marksnook
    Free Member

4.3 Everest’s need to up my game!
    Ran up Kilimanjaro once

martinhutch

Just over 15 this year.

lister

2.3 for me. Not much but it’s a ‘real’ figure this year and hasn’t included any uplifts or chairlifts.

chvck
    Free Member

8.6 for me, I think over 90% of that was on a standard bike (rather than ebike). Not too considering I’d pretty much only ridden an ebike for ~3 years before January this year and 8 years on from MS diagnosis. Most elevation I’ve ridden in a year, just! Really didn’t see that coming this time last year…

tlr

18.7 apparently. Mainly road bike.

breadcrumb

3 and a bit. Last year would of easily doubled that.

hardtailonly

10.1 currently.

BoardinBob

jimmy748

9.92 so far, all on 2.5” tyres.

oldnick

Mount Toubkal is lovely at this time of year.

qwerty
    Free Member

I thought it was all about Olympus Mons these days.

ajantom

I thought it was all about Olympus Mons these days.

4 of those then 😉

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

12 apparently, lowest by some margin since discovering the South Downs hills between Winchester and South Harting in summer 2017.

nstpaul

85km in elevation in a year! Blinking hell, where do you live? Not trolling by the way, genuinely interested in how people manage that😊

supernova

This is a good game.

7.5 for me.

beej

5.65 – it’s been a year of medical recovery for me. Lots of that on Zwift.

ajantom

85km in elevation in a year! Blinking hell, where do you live? Not trolling by the way, genuinely interested in how people manage that

East Devon, in a valley with a 200m high ridge either side, so most rides start with a decent climb.
    Average MTB ride of 40km is probably 800-1000m of climbing.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

5.65 – it’s been a year of medical recovery for me. Lots of that on Zwift.

So not then.

soundninjauk

Only 4.1 for me this year. Lockdown and the closure of Richmond Park back in the spring reduced me to flat miles where I could get them in.

martinhutch

Not trolling by the way, genuinely interested in how people manage that😊

Live somewhere hilly, ride a few times a week.

molgrips
    Free Member

So not then.

So effort doesn’t count when its indoors? My muscles would disagree with that.

6.5 Everests for me but a fair bit of flat racing on Zwift which is hard work but contributes little to the stats. Gets me fit though!

nstpaul

Ha, just worked mine out for the year so far: 2.7 over 1582km.Live in the middle of the Cairngorms.

koogia
    Free Member

22.25, nearly 200,000m of elevation this year. Should reach 23 Everests by the end of the year.

molgrips
    Free Member

Live somewhere hilly, ride a few times a week.

My everyday normal MTBing can be 350m per hour or more. 5 hours a week, 250 hours of riding a year doing just that gives nearly 10 Everests.

I’ve done about 200 hours so far but some of it in less hilly places and some on Zwift where I choose flatter riding usually.

montgomery
    Free Member

12.2 last year, even split road and MTB. Only 6.8 this year, 60:40 gravel:MTB, due to pressure of work plus more time on foot. No ebikes or Zwift, that doesn’t count even if you think it does.

redmist
    Free Member

Just under 13 biked, just over 2 Run. But apparently my alp de Zwift efforts might not count…

thegeneralist
    Free Member

So effort doesn’t count when its indoors? My muscles would disagree with that.

Effort counts, of course. But the OP was about height gain on a bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nit picker.

I bet most of us haven’t even been up actual Everest once, so we should answer 0.

bob_summers

I’m scared to look, with an ankle sprain in Jan and the severe Spanish lockdown.

2019 I ran just under ten Everests in my first year of running. Most years I’d do over 5000m a week on the road bike, averaged over the year, so that’s about 30. Not sure how I used to find the time.

ajantom

My game, my rules 😘

Zwift and ebikes ok, as long as it’s flagged as such.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

bet most of us haven’t even been up actual Everest once, so we should answer 0.

TBH most of the people that have been up Everest just jumared up a fixed line so not much betterer

mrb123
    Free Member

Just over 20 for me on the bike. Not sure what the split is between indoor (Rouvy) and outdoor activity is, maybe 50/50 at a guess.

carlos
    Free Member

21 and a bit. Hope to make 23 by end of the year.
    All on the mtb and no uplift days

crazy-legs

495,000 ft climbing, all but maybe a couple of rides on road and gravel bikes, not MTB. All real world riding, no Zwift etc.

Will easily get to 18 by the end of the year, maybe 19 if I actually think about it and find some hilly routes during the Festive 500.

whitestone
    Free Member

A very quiet year for me – just 8.3 Everests, 73,400m, usually it’s around 16 Everests.

Fairly hilly around here, can do 1100m of ascent in just 30km and not go more than 5km from home. Just nipping to the shops and back is 200m of ascent.

StirlingCrispin

8.2 Everests (72,951 / 8849) for me.

All on a MTB around Stirling.

Oblongbob

9.35 – quite a bit on road and Zwift. Kids and work limit time to get out on MTB.

TedC

Just over 3 so far, mix of road and Zwift…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘How many Everests?’ is closed to new replies.