• This topic has 122 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • How many Everests?
  • Creg

All on Zwift.

dazh

20.5 apparently. I’ve got a pointless (and probably unachievable) target to get to 200k metres by the end of the year which requiires >1000m per day for the whole of December, and I’m already 3000m behind so I don’t fancy my chances. On the plus side I live in Calderdale so at least the geography is in my favour. The shortest road ride I can do to get 1000m of climbing is about 27km.

halifaxpete

About 4.5 according to my man maths. As with most not so many ‘big’ rides this year mostly smaller local stuff

theotherjonv

I presume this is findable on Strava or similar but damned if I can work out where; I can see total distance.

However, have done about 5200km and my rides average around 0.8-1.0% average climb so as a guess that’s about 5000m = somewhere between 5 and 6?

rugbydick

12.6 times (running), including doing it once in a day back in September… although I stopped at exactly 8848m – so I need to go back for the extra 76cm

whitestone
    Free Member

@theotherjonv – go to your profile page on Strava (this is for the website on desktop) and there’s a block under “My Stats” one part of that is the current year which has totals for distance, elevation, time and number of rides. Like this:

Distance 3,766.7 km
    Time 408h 2m
    Elev Gain 73,472 m
    Rides 203

ampthill

Almost exactly 5

Which looks poor in this company

But I keep my ego intact by imagining that the 2.1 and 3.3 are less likely to post here than the 8 and 17 crew

reluctantjumper

9.07 ascents for me. That’s 3 more than last year, which was crap for bike riding for various personal reasons, and on par with my best year in the last 5. Pleased with that.

ampthill

On strava how do you find last years stats?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

25.6 so far for me. Helps living somewhere hilly!

226,560 meters so far / 502 hours / 12,000km

ampthill

Found it

profile online

drop dowm menu for year

3 a bit last year so a reasonable increase for this year

fettlin

You can climb Everest more than once?!

I’ve just about managed 1, all outdoor cycling but even so…Some of the numbers above are seriously impressive!

theotherjonv

Found.  44,867 so that’s 5.07.

Hopefully will be close to 5.5 by year end, once I finish work (tomorrow!) and can get out a bit.

ajantom

Nearly there, only 1000m off 10 Everests 🎉

slowoldman

3.9 which probably isn’t bad for mainly Cheshire. Plus another 2.7 for walks and runs.

Sandwich

4.12 in Suffolk and over 10 months.

ajantom

How’re people’s Everests going then?

I’m up to 8.1 Everests so far. Hoping to hit 11 this year (1 more than last year).

jimmy748

7.82 so far this year, all on 2.5/2.4” tyres. But I’ve missed the last 9 weeks with injury.

crazy-legs

7.4 so far this year, helped greatly by doing LEJOG the other week. Actually done very little this year although hopefully I can get to 10 Everests by end of December.

Aidy
    Free Member

scotroutes

That’s for cycling, running and walking

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As climbing doesn’t interest me, I see it as descending, YTD I’m at 13.8. Probably. 50/50 mix of ebike and pedal.

Should end up at 17/18 based on my usual winters riding. 160k of vert in a year is what I was roughly aiming to do.

I’d like to crack 200k of vert, but conscious it would take me from ‘just riding’ to consciously looking to do more at ~4K a week.

Aidy
    Free Member

16.4 of those outside, remainder on Zwift.

slowoldman

You can climb Everest more than once?!

Kenton Cool has done 15 ascents – of the real thing.

ajantom

Getting to year end….I’ve hit 10.2 Everests, with probably another couple of rides this year, I might make 10.5.

I’d have hit 11 if not for that pesky Covid making me miss a few weeks cycling.

ta11pau1

11,000m so not much over 1 this year. 1.13. pretty crap.

Last year, 31k m so 3.5, much more like it.

qwerty
    Free Member

mjsmke

7.4. Mostly MTB. Some Zwift.

Straightliner

10.7 and probably won’t do much more now until January which is all fine with me.

qwerty
    Free Member

My average annual incline for the entire years riding is 1.42% 🧐

stretch…
    Free Member

13 according to Veloviewer.
    Not bad for Lincolnshire

jimmy

4.3 for me, which is both a pleasant surprise and also disappointing. But it’s the first time I’ve heard of this measure so something to target for next year.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just over 3 . A low year but …… a Majority of them towing an 60-80lb trailer

dpfr

13.5, well down on last year but happy with that given a couple of extended timeouts for injury

benman
    Free Member

Just over 14 for me. 99% of that is outside on a road bike. Training for the Fred Whitton will have helped bump it up.

Superficial
    Free Member

7.1 – almost precisely the same as last year.

twistedpencil

4.4 so down on last year, but this year has been god awful so glad to know I actually got out now and again.

Roll on 2022, and I’m not setting myself any targets so I can’t feel bad about missing them this time next year 😀

Simon

9.5 all on mountain bikes and mostly from home, not travelled much at all this year.

fathomer

Just over 26, a mix of mtb and road.

swavis

9.5, I’d hoped for more but have really lost my mojo the last couple of months, continually feeling full of the cold and no energy with a massive dose of CBA 😕
    I think I’m over it now though and plan get back on it for 2022

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘How many Everests?’ is closed to new replies.