Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • How many crud catchers do you have???????????????
  • vondally
    Free Member

Sorry I like keep dry as much as the next person but that is ….well excessive

so how may do you have?

Me 1 small rear and a neoprean (spelling :?:) guard thing on the forks

sheldona
    Free Member

None. If I want to stay clean I’ll take the road bike out.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have 3 but I do not often have the front one on. One on the frame and one on the back mostly.

To be honest, if someone was to ride around in a wet suit well that’s fine by me. It’s all fun 😀

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Less than the number of question marks you decided were needed in the thread title.

Edit: yep thanks Northwind, trying to do too many things at once!

vondally
    Free Member

sorry but comprehensive educated but those are question marks not exclaimations.

However fair point rather excessive to say the least

iain1775
    Free Member

I dont know if there is more plastic IN the frame or ON the frame in that pic!!

Me – just a Neoguard unless its really wet then maybe a front Crudcatcher too, but mainly to keep it out of my eyes / mouth
    Getting muddy and wet is part of mountain biking

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

lots depends on which the bike how many pieces and I make my own guards

Getting unnecessarily wet and muddy is stupid. Keeping the drivetrain and front mech clean prolongs its life.

donks
    Free Member

Ahh minimalist and without clutter tis a thing of beauty..

Northwind

Is that front guard on back to front?

I have loads but none of my bikes have more than 2.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Now my edit make no sense. ignore me. Proper answer – one crud guard on the front. ^that looks a bit OTT, but maybe the owner’s trying to avoid washing kit after every ride or something?

iain1775
    Free Member

Getting unnecessarily wet and muddy is stupid

Best stay indoors in front of the Telly Box then!

br
    Free Member

3 for me, still get dirty, just not filty/soaking/miserable…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh difference is Iain I ride 2,3 or 4 times a week for 4+ hours each time summer and winter. Getting cold and wet is not needed to have fun. I am not pretending I am doing an extreme sport and I like to prolong the life of the components by keeping the worst of the muck off them

Why get wet and muddy from spray from the wheels?

You can tell the fair wetaher bikers

brakes
    Free Member

none – I ride round the mud

iain1775
    Free Member

oh Im not a fair wetaher biker
    or even a fair weather biker
    but Im yet to find a rear mudguard that is particualy useful in keeping me dry, and pretty much nothing that will keep my lower legs dry whilst remaining comfortable, so I don’t see much point in one

ronjeremy
    Free Member

None, I pedal so fast and my bike is soo light I float above the mud!!!

GW
    Free Member

the bike in the first pic only actually has one crud catcher 😕

GW
    Free Member

how can you tell the fair weather bikers TJ?

andrewh
    Free Member

But not all on the smae bike.

coogan
    Free Member

Mudguards are gay. Its a well known fact.

walleater

Are my eyes failing me, or has that Ibis got an ancient Vanilla RC shock?

Del

guards for me. it’s the finely aimed jet of gritty water I dislike, but if that’s what reaffirms your standing as a ‘real’ rider in your mind, or you just plain like it like that, it’s ok by me. 😉

GW
    Free Member

walleater – if it aint broke.. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just on the windup GW but I do find it incomprehensible that people ride all year round without mudguards if they are doing decent distances. Not raining but wet under wheel – why have that spry down your back? Why have spray in your face?

nickc

One on the down tube when it’s really claggy. Clearly I’m a fair weather biker then…

Sam

I think there are five in the shed at the moment, none are mine, never put one on my bike. Not quite sure where they’ve all come from… Do they breed?

GW
    Free Member

Ha ha.. MTFU TJ 😆

Northwind

I know a few riders who you couldn’t call fair weather riders, who still refuse to use mudguards. I think they’re lunatics frankly but c’est la vie. Me, I use mudguards because I consider them an excellent alternative to trenchcock.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have one like GW posted. Its only really been used a few times though as it’s not much help. And tbh I’m more of a fair weather rider as I hate putting a muddy bike back in the car.

LMT
    Free Member

None at the moment, but one in the post! had one last year and worked a treat, work so well i trashed it when i forgot to wash it and the mud turned to something nasty, cannock mud not good!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I just use the downtube jobbie to keep the worst of the shite out of my face. Not bothered about getting filthy, provided I can get warm and clean again at the end of the day.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

an excellent alternative to trenchcock.

LoL. And I agree.

langy
    Free Member

bit of old tube in the fork to stop the spray up into the face year round and one over the back wheel in the winter.

More than enough once you put waterproofs on.

votchy
    Free Member

Just a neoguard on the forks to stop the spray in to my face

TJ – what guards keep your front mech and drivetrain clean? Never seen anything along those lines

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yotchy – I use a small section of guard clipped to the back of the seat tube Only needs to be about 8″ long. I make my own from plastic drainpipe.

Makes a huge difference

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Post a pic tj

M6TTF
    Free Member

Avoided them for years as they do ruin the good looks of your bike, but finally gave in and fitted a crudguard and a shockblade. Makes winter riding so much more enjoyable now.

jonb
    Free Member

Depends on the bike. Summer road bike ahas none. Winter road bike and commuter both have full guards. Singlespeed has fork brace gaurd year round and rear+ down tube if it’s winter. Full suss has downtube if it’s wet because I’ve never found a rear guard that works well enough on a full suss as it needs to be so far above the wheel to allow for suspension action.

The idea of wearing expensive water proofs rather than fitting a cheap mudguad seems bizarre. I assume you are all fair weather trail centre warriors mincing around the carpark on you 6″ travel all mountain rigs. 😉

Keva
    Free Member

three bikes with front and back so six crud catchers – actually there’s only five as I seem to have lost one 😕 Front ones stay fitted all year round and rear ones come and go depending on the weather.

riding around in the pissing rain through mud without crudguards is just crap- literally.

Kev

njee20
    Free Member

I just wear overshorts, never really been fussed by mudguards, got several of those RRP neoprene jobbies, but never even fitted one, may try one this winter!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘How many crud catchers do you have???????????????’ is closed to new replies.