Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How hard can I ride my P7?
  • highclimber
    Free Member

The answer to the question from my riding ability at the moment is ‘not very hard at all’, but that is not what I mean.

I mean, how hard could I ride my P7 without it breaking? I recently bought some pads after taking a few painful spills over the past year – something I should have done a lot sooner. This got me thinking, now I have these pads, I am probably going to be pushing it a bit more.

I can’t jump very well, but hoping to change that. I have always enjoyed a good drop-off but I don’t know how big is too big for the bike.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I used to ride my old style one pretty hard, I looked cosmetically battered when I sold it but was still in one piece. Took it off loads of drop offs and commuted on it too so it got plenty of use albeit some of it very light. Had a few big offs on it, the frame was always ok, including one big fall down some concrete steps were I fractured my ankle.

Northwind

Pretty bloody hard- though, will depend how old it is. Recent ones have more steel in them than the bismarck, though the finishing kit isn’t especially strong- but like most modern bikes it’ll still be up for a kicking.

highclimber
    Free Member

will depend how old it is.

Recent ones have more steel in them than the bismarck

is this a good thing?

Northwind

Depends. When going up, it’s a disadvantage. When being shelled, it’s an advantage 😉 They’re durable, dependable frames, but they do carry a fair bit of excess flab.

If it’s a Pro, then the build like I say isn’t massively tough, 317 rims and Fox 32s I think? That’s also dependable but if you go mad on the downhills it’ll push their limits.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

dont be a pussy, ride it till it breaks, if it breaks… buy a new one

skaifan
    Free Member

Applying the following rule “strong, light, cheap. Pick two” to an orange P7, I would suggest that they are damn solid. The one I had was neither light or cheap. Took everything I could throw at it. Mine was an 08 model before they went over to Reynolds 631. With mine it was a question of how hard can I ride this before it gets stolen? Sadly I only had it a month before some thieving little sod pinched it out of my garden. Excellent frame though.

highclimber
    Free Member

its a self build, halo freedom wheels and float 140s qr axles.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

oh and if it breaks tell yourself ‘am a frickin mean machine’ or something like that

RustySpanner

Recent ones have more steel in them than the bismarck

is this a good thing?

Yeah, probably, considering. 🙂

Do you get many of these following you about? –

highclimber
    Free Member

oh and if it breaks tell yourself ‘am a frickin mean machine’ or something like that

I’m gonna go for this, I think!

chiefgrooveguru

I’m gonna go for this, I think!

That’s the spirit! In the unlikely event that I break my Soul I expect to be presented with a certificate of official gnarr…

Northwind

skaifan – Member

Applying the following rule “strong, light, cheap. Pick two” to an orange P7

One.

bigblackshed

I had a 2008 P7. Ripped the rear drop outs out of the frame on a small drop off. Orange wouldn’t cover on warranty. Said it was not used for it’s intended purpose.

I’m a fat chuffer and ride like a hooligan. But still.

Would not buy another Orange if it was the only bike available.

highclimber
    Free Member

I expect to be presented with a certificate of official gnarr…

who shall bestow it upon you should you achieve your goal?

chiefgrooveguru

who shall bestow it upon you should you achieve your goal?

GW?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How hard can I ride my P7?’ is closed to new replies.