Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How easy is it to crop and send videos & photos on your smartphone?
  • Mugboo

My missus is in the market for a new phone. The most important function for her is cropping videos and emailing these and photos to her family .She likes the way my 3GS makes this so simple but doesn’t want to pay the Apple premium. It’s just baby photos so it doesn’t need to be the latest greatest, HD quality.

She is not interested in Facebook, etc, just email & browsing.

We are limited to Vodafone due to phone signal.

Is the HTC Wildfire good enough or does she need the Desire S? Any other suggestions?

rOcKeTdOg

photos are easy, never looked before, but just managed to edit and save a single frame fom video straight away so simple video editing is easy too, using Motorola Atrix running gingerbread

superfli
    Free Member

Nokia N8 email is limited to 4mb, which is a couple of secs of hd video, not great. You can email your youtube instead.
    Cropping and very simple editing is fine.
    Uploading to facebook is ridiculously hard! (it used to be simple on old firmware)

But then I doubt you’ll get a symbian 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

iPhone 4
    Stupidly easily. I can crop and sent video to Youtube in a few seconds. Photos can be emailed with a couple of taps or uploaded to Flickr (Or any other photo website) just as quickly. I can’t imagine it CAN be any easier with any other phone, and if it’s harder then they’re making a meal of it!
    I’ve not found a limit on the length of the video I can take either, although I don’t think I’ve been over 1m30s…..

freddyg
    Free Member

Desire user here.

Photo editing and sharing is very simple. Can upload to flickr, facebook, email in two / three steps.

I’ve not tried editing video.

A mate of mine has the wildfire, same goes for him too. Very simple.

EDIT: Just found an app called ‘vidtrim’. According to the blurb you can:

“Edit your videos on the go with VidTrim. VidTrim lets you trim videos easily. VidTrim is a video editor and organizer for Android.

This is the free ad supported version of VidTrim Pro. The following features are supported by both free and paid versions:

– Trim video clips right on your device
    – Trim original clip (overwrite)
    – Save as a new clip
    – Play video clips
    – Share video clips (Send e-mail, upload to YouTube etc.)
    – Rename video clips
    – Delete video clips”

CountZero

Rather than pay the ‘Apple Tax’, (which is not really true, all smartphones are stupid expensive, they just get different subsidies. A Nokia N95 was £500 SIM-free), I suggest you look around and get a second-hand iPhone. 3Gs models go for around £158, a 4 in as-new nick for £300-ish. That way you have access to a great many really good photo apps, like Perfect Photo, 8MM, and loads of others. iUploader is brilliant for batch uploading pics and video to Facebook, and the Facebook app itself is very good and simple to use. Camera+ and Autostitch are also really worth having. Here’s a couple of pics taken on mine recently, the top one yesterday at Westonbirt Arbouretum, and the panorama at Salcombe, stitched together while I was there.

GrahamS

Count: if you like Autostitch try Photosynth – even better IMO.
    Also good: SynthCam, Camera Genius, and the Snapseed photo editor.

(sorry for the hijack OP)

Mugboo

Cheers chaps.

Food for thought. Maybe I should buy an IPhone 5 and pass on my 3GS…:)

Freddie, thanks for the Desire info, very helpful.

clubber
    Free Member

as above, I use vidtrim. I can’t see myself going back to an iPhone now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How easy is it to crop and send videos & photos on your smartphone?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM