• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • how early do you start creeping….
  • Pook

…round your girlfriend to get on her good side knowing you've already planned a saturday ride?

😉

(she's actually cool about it, but I do feel a bit guilty sometimes)

samuri
    Free Member

Saturday morning works for me.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I find the key is to book rides in early, and get them in a calendar of sorts. "I'm going riding on Sat" said on the thursday generally isn't going to go down well…

Or you know… MTFU 😉

miketually
    Free Member

I have to get on my wife's good side, before I start worrying about the girlfriend.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I normaly find that planning ahead works good. However:

It is sometimes easier to applogise than it is to ask permision.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I try too book my main rides at the start of the year but I made the mistake of telling my wife this year and that (rightly so) didn't go down well. For next year I will be checking with Mrs M before the rides are booked that way everybody is happy.

uplink
    Free Member

how early do you start creeping

usually creep out of the bed around 6, by the time she wakes, I've gone

BoardinBob

Asking my wife's permission to do anything is a bizarre concept to me. It's not to say i take the pi$$ and do what I like but I never ever feel the need to ask her permission to go out on my bike 😕

bigsi
    Free Member

It's normally as i walk in through the door having gone AWOL for a few hours but then she knows that i will be riding my bike at some stage over the weekend.

Think she's quite pleased to get me out from under her feet TBH. 🙄

monotokpoint
    Free Member

I've found your girlfriend doesn't mind

Pete
    Free Member

Asking my wife's permission to do anything is a bizarre concept to me. It's not to say i take the pi$$ and do what I like but I never ever feel the need to ask her permission to go out on my bike

Agree… I even forgot to tell the wife I was going away to Afan for a long weekend, she only found out from her best friend.. Whoops..

bigdonx
    Free Member

Best strategy is when you out out riding midweek tell her it's so you can keep the weekend free for quality time, then when the weekend comes she's knackered anyway and just wants to watch soap omnibus's and x-factor, so you get to go riding again………

Stoner
    Free Member

I think this question has different answers depending on your family circumstances.

If I were to disappear to Afan for a weekend without checking with Mrs S first Id be rightly sleeping on the sofa and should feel more than a little ashamed for being so selfish. Why should I presume that she's happy to have to look after 2yr old Stoner Jr all weekend without a break or the opportunity to go for a 2hr run herself etc?

trailmonkey

permission ? creeping ? some people live in completely different worlds to me.

Pook

don't worry, you'll find someone soon. Plenty of fish in the sea

x

trailmonkey

happily married for 19 years, ta.

Stoner
    Free Member

LIAR!

19 years ? happily married

🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Me too. It's just not an issue. Ride happens, I say, are we doing anything on 'day X', if not, I can go. Easy….. 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

Married life sounds FUN 🙄

yossarian
    Free Member

not ridden that often in the last 2 and a half years after 2 kids arriving in quick succession. As has been said above there's no way I would just disappear off riding leaving my wife to look after both kids, she has to do that all week anyway.

thats not to say that weekend rides aren't occasionally longer than agreed because 'we had loads of punctures' 😉

sax_widby
    Free Member

i dont have that to deal with any more, but when i did, i'd ride on sunday whilst she was at church. Smashing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

whilst she was at church

Was she in here 60's…?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Asking my wife's permission to do anything is a bizarre concept to me. It's not to say i take the pi$$ and do what I like but I never ever feel the need to ask her permission to go out on my bike

Yup – I am with you on that. I would simply say = there is a ride on on saturday – want to join in? She then says yes or no. I go if I want to.

30 yrs together

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I get out for a ride more often since we got married in the summer, not sure if it has anything to do with my new father in law and brother in law being my riding partners 🙂
    Oh, and I met her first, then them.

genghispod
    Free Member

Some of you almost make marriage seem like a positive experience. Maybe I'll try it again someday!

Drac

Why? I just tell my wife I have anything planned.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘how early do you start creeping….’ is closed to new replies.