Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How does the Trek frame warranty work?
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Just put a large crack on my 9.9ssl frame 😥

Bang in the middle of the racing season, so not good.

So what happens next?

I’ll take the frame to the dealers tomorrow, (in Sweden not the UK), and they’ll do/should do what?

uplink
    Free Member

I suspect the each countries importer is going to have different procedures, so not sure many here will know

I mean, you can’t quite imagine the same timescales/efficiency in – say – Italy and Germany can you? 🙂

clubby

From my experience (uk dealers) things happen pretty quick. I broke my old liquid frame, took it to dealer and they contacted trek. Didn’t have a new replacement frame in stock but sent me an ex -press frame until one came. Only took 2 weeks for new frame to come in the end.
    Great warranty and customer service.

DeeW
    Free Member

Only through dealer. In my case they first sent a photo to trek, who then requested to have frame sent to them before authorizing replacement. Took a while for me as no UK stock.

mrmo
    Free Member

if it were the UK, it works as follows, i have had the misfortune to need to rely on it once.

Go to Shop, helps if you have proof of purchase, the warranty is for the purchaser after all
    Shop will contact Trek frame gets sent to them.
    They say yes or no to warranty. They might offer a crash replacement if the damage is user inflicted, i looked into this on my Top Fuel when i dented it but due to the time involved ( this was the year Trek never released a Top Fuel) and the fact i trashed all the components i just bought a new one instead.
    New frame arrives.

In my case the Lemond frame was no longer made, there was no similar steel frame imported into the UK, so Trek through the shop gave me a choice of 6 colours and then sprayed a frame and fork and shipped it from the states. The fact the original frame was 525 and the new one True Temper Platinum OX, suited me just fine.

Took 8 weeks in all i seem to remember. Which from the day i noticed the crack to having a nice new frame and fork to play with. As yours is more recent and not so unusual i would hope that Trek carries a warranty frame in stock.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks, one of the reasons I bought the frame was the reputation Trek had with their warranty, even for those who race.

I’ll report back tomorrow.

crikey
    Free Member

My experience was cracked fork, took it to shop, shop called a week later with a new fork.

The fork was 9 years old…

Excellent customer service.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Update.

Frame broke Thursday last week.

I dropped the frame off at the dealers on the Friday with original paper work and photo evidence.

Dealer contacted Trek Europe then Trek USA

Supplied more photo’s

Heard nothing

Out of the blue a new 2011 frame arrived at the dealers yesterday and they are even being reimbursed by Trek to built it for me.
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/cross_country/9_series/elite_9_9_ssl/#

Hopefully I’ll pick it up built next Wednesday.

Fantastic customer service. Very pleased I’ve recommended Trek to three friends who’ve gone on and bought them.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

badly

Bream
    Free Member

Result, good service that.

billyboy
    Free Member

Good service…………..

but

I think someone should have a word,

particularly in Gary Fisher’s ear,

and tell them that it’d be rather better if their bikes didn’t break

rewski
    Free Member

I’m going through the same experience with trek, fortunately Evans are sorting it, they needed proof of purchase and photo of the break, trek are replacing with another frame and paying for mechanics costs, it’s taken 3 weeks so far, still no sign of frame from trek, this is the third time the frame as broken.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How does the Trek frame warranty work?’ is closed to new replies.