Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • How do you mend a broken heart?
  • momo

Split up with my then fiance in September last year, I was a real mess when it happened. I was lucky to have a great network of friends around me to help me through that time, after a few weeks I started to look back over the relationship and how my ex was then behaving, it soon dawned on me that I’d had a fairly lucky escape!

I’ve now moved in to a new house, bought a new bike and get time to go riding (this was a very rare thing over the last few years) and had chance to travel a bit more and catch up with friends in other parts of the country who I’ve not seen much of in recent years.

I’m now happier than I have been in quite a while, I still have low moments, but I think that is more related to stress from renovating a house combined with a bit of uncertainty at work.

neil853
    Free Member

In a sick sort of way i’m enjoying this thread ha ha sort of group therepy 😆

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ll bite.

I broke up with my ex of 6 1/2 years (1 year engaged approx) almost a year ago, though in this case it was my doing. Mixed with falling out of love and some personal issues, it was still very hard to re-adjust to life. Moving back in with my parents for example, was and still is, a pain in the hole! Met me current gf last November and it’s currently where I am now, my life has changed in so many ways and there might be light at the end of the tunnel for me yet.

The big thing with this relationship is that we have our own time, she plays tennis and has her own circle of friends (I meet them too) and I have my time with my biking, football and a few other things. We share the same interests in that we like sport and keeping fit. We’re running a 10k tomorrow night, bring on the competitive streak. But my point is, part of the problem was living in each others pockets and not having our own time. 5 nights a week watching tv and starring at the walls. Not a good way to have a relationship in my book.

Good luck

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

spot on st colin

TuckerUK
    Free Member

In a sick sort of way i’m enjoying this thread ha ha sort of group therepy

It’s good to talk, and that’s something us blokes are generally quite bad at.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

With a couple of hundred $$$

Strippers,
    Hookers,
    Beers and repeat.

Otherwise -stay active and time to heal.

Don’t leave them alone. And don’t moan if they never return the favour.

sobriety
    Free Member

I broke up with my ex of 7 years in the last few months, it was hard sharing a house with someone who’d obviously (though she denied it until she was blue in the face) found somebody else (turned out I was right). She moved out in the begging of may, then started chasing me for her share of the money that we’d just put into buying a house. Which started to give me panic attacks, schweet. I’ve since cut off all contact with her and unfortunatly had to do the same more or less with the group of friends that we shared. Panic attacks have stopped though, so removing myself from the trigger was probably a good plan! She’ll get her money when I’m good and ready, which is what I made clear to her when I told her to stop, and so far she has.

I’m enjoying riding bikes, exercising hard, partying harder and not having to answer to anyone.

Feels good man.

mema
    Free Member

Well, I ditched a guy at the begining of the year (hides email in profile!) after a few years and it was a relief! Started seeing another guy quite soon after, had a couple of amazing months then he turned and became violent in my home. He seems think this behaviour was acceptable. He is refusing to give me back my stuff that is at his house (he still has another ex girlfreiends stuff too). I know I had a lucky escape and glad that I got out when I did. Last night I got an hours sleep due to just thinking about everything and wondering why the hell would he want to keep my stuff?! At five this morning I started tidying my flat etc as a new start. I now have a spotless flat…yes I did clean the kitchen floor with baby wipes but that is what I do and its my flat so I can do what I want! Went into work, the research went perfect and I went home early for a nap. Im desperate to get out on my bike ( I did do the Bristol bikefest with my big brother as a pair instead of a team with the ex) which I will do and I wont have someone moaning at me for having my fingers covering the brake!

So look forward to the things that you want to do and just try and enjoy the fun of being single!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well, I ditched a guy at the begining of the year (hides email in profile!)

You are very wise and that made me chuckle
    Time cures it IME.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Cardiac surgeon and a few stents ought to do it.

billysugger
    Free Member

nicky
    Free Member

From a female point of view. There are a few comments on the wives /girlfriends getting :Din in the way of the biking. Actually it is the same for women who are sports minded to. Theres not so many women into sport especially as they get older and I find people seem to think it very strange. I find men seem to want to wrap me up and in cotton wool and try and control my life. I don’t like that I like doing my own thing and am very independant. I have to get out I love the freedom of being out probably because theres no one to nagg. I feel in a relationship both parties need to have their own interests, you still need your own friends and to be away from each other doing different things. I would love a partner who would just let me get on and do my thing. So for all you guys out there its not just women who get cross when your out doing its men to. 😀

nicky
    Free Member

What Sobriety wrote at the bottom of his bit, enjoy riding your bike, making friends, partying harden etc. Being single is not so bad just a little quite at times. Also get a tent and go camping, take your bike and enjoy. Best holiday ever, on my own did exactly what I wanted and that included going to the pub. Loved it!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘How do you mend a broken heart?’ is closed to new replies.