Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How can you get newspapers delivered…
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

.. other than by a newsagent/shop? My mum’s nearest shop (4.5 miles away!) has decided her house is too far to deliver to. As Mum is 93, and not that good on her legs these days, she isn’t really able to go and buy one every day.
    Is it possible to get newspapers posted? Or any other ideas? There must be some way for country folk to get a paper?

carlos
    Free Member

Does she gave internet? 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

She’s not really got to grips with t’interweb, unfortunately!

boxfish
    Free Member

You can get subscriptions: Linky

EDIT: sorry, thought this site was for mail subs

CountZero

Do the newspapers themselves not do a posted subscription delivery service?
    Yup, here you go:
    http://www.magazinesubscriptions.co.uk/news-current-affairs/newspapers/

sharkbait
    Free Member

If she reads the telegraph (I think it is or maybe the times) and can handle a tablet, she could get a free nexus 7 with a 12 month digital subscription.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You can get subscriptions: Linky

I think they still come via a shop as it says price “does not include home delivery service”. 🙁
    And the same on the magazine subscriptions linky 🙁

br
    Free Member

Buy one everyday, and post it – does it really matter if she is reading todays or yesterdays?

granny_ring

Yesterdays news…… 🙄

CountZero

I think they still come via a shop as it says price “does not include home delivery service”.

Special Offer Details:

Subscribe to The Guardian Weekly today and save up to 58%!

Publisher Information:

Guardian Weekly is one of the world’s best-selling international weekly newspapers. It offers a unique blend of international news, politics and comment, drawing on the considerable editorial resources of the Guardian, with selected features from the Observer, the Washington Post and Le Monde.

As well as containing a diverse range of news and comment pieces, the Guardian Weekly includes sections on culture, science, book reviews and international development.

Our monthly education supplement reports on the latest developments in English-language education and provides complete lesson plans for TEFL teachers based on news features.

Whether buying as a gift or for yourself, every subscriber benefits from:
    •Free delivery of the paper to your door every week
    •Free access to the digital edition, available as soon as the paper goes to print
    •Free access to the digital archive dating back to 2007
    •Money-back guarantee

Please note that delivery of the first issue will take 4-6 weeks.

Shaun20
    Free Member

Ask the postie?? he/she maybe delivering to a shop might be willing to drop one off for a little ‘something’ at Christmas time 😉 I know a few who have done this…..obviously depends how amiable they are though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How can you get newspapers delivered…’ is closed to new replies.