Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How can I get this bearing out?- headset photo.
  • Wally

I cannot get anything behind the bearing to knock it out. Tried levering it out to no avail. I think i need some kind of hook and puller thing?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pen-knife. Soak it in WD40 or something first.

TBH, unless it’s a spensive headset, you might be better off just replacing the whole lot, unless you’re skint. Looks a bit knackered, that.

bomberman
    Free Member

yeah give it a good clean and soak in WD cos all that dirt is just conspiring to keep it in

Wally

OK, will give it a good untrasonic bath in parafin and retry the screwdriver and leverage bit. It’s the how to get anything behind it I cannot work out.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

This may seem like an obvious question but there isnt a retaining clip or o-ring underneath all that kak is there?

coatesy
    Free Member

What make is it, some aren’t designed to be removed.

Wally

It is an Fsa huge thing and I now have just the outer ring lodged in. Bother. Rest of bearing is in pieces. Going to ask a wise man at work tomorrow to have a look. I have made a right hash of it.

coatesy
    Free Member

Lots of boiling water may expand the ali enough to help, leaving it in the frame so you have something to hold onto may also help.

bomberman
    Free Member

it does look a bit grim. maybe get an xl2 to replace it? only 20 quid

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How can I get this bearing out?- headset photo.’ is closed to new replies.