Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • How bad must things be if you’re driving and swigging from a bottle of vodka?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I looked out of my front bedroom window today and saw a woman swigging from a 35 cl bottle whilst driving a Mini down our street. I was totally staggered. It was just after 5pm with kids playing outside. WTAF?

bikebouy
    Free Member

RegNum, report to police.

🤷‍♂️

Tom-B
    Free Member

I dated a girl a few years ago that would’ve done that….barely functioning alcoholic, myriad mental health issues and unable to help herself. She commit suicide last year.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s a matter of perspective.

From her point of view she might have been having the best day ever.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Percy. I don’t think the parents of a dead child would consider that perspective if a police FLO knocked on with a ” perhaps you should sit down”

I 999ed it immediately.

Drac

Impressive set of eyes you have.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Drac – I really hope that wasn’t a sardonic reply.

I got the reg, her approx age and what she was wearing. Top half only!

footflaps

Sounds like the opening scene of a Liam Neeson film…

muddyjames
    Free Member

Perhaps you live down the road to funkmasterp

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what she was wearing. Top half only!

Naked below the waist?

Wahey!

Drac

I’m impressed you can indetify vodka being drank in a moving vehicle from your bedroom. Maybe it was gin.

shermer75
    Free Member

Maybe it was gin.

Or a white rum

derek_starship
    Free Member

Once again I wonder why I bother…

binners

Drinking straight vodka while driving?!!!

Having not decanted it into an Evian bottle first?!

Amateurs!

zippykona

My cousin and his wife used to each have a drinks cabinet by their side of the bed.

She once moaned to me that he was drinking vodka from a mug in bed. It wasn’t the in bed bit she was worried about it was the mug.

slackalice
    Free Member

Did I miss a bit? When was the child knocked down? I bet baby robins were harmed too.

CountZero

I have to admit, if I saw someone swigging from a bottle as they drove past, from my bedroom window, I’d honestly struggle to even tell the difference between a bottle and a mobile phone, let alone say with certainty that it was a) vodka, and b) a 35cl bottle!

derek_starship
    Free Member

CZ

I DIDNT STRUGGLE.
    do you swig from your phone.
    Eff me. I saw what I described.
    End of my contributions to my thread.

tomhoward

Sounds like you need a stiff drink.

ads678

Well done op. Hopefully she gets caught and has her license taken off her.

As for those questioning the op, do you know where he lives?

nicko74

tomhoward

Subscriber

Sounds like you need a stiff drink.

Or possibly a little drive out and about to clear your head.

But in answer to your question: “pretty bad”.

Drac

Don’t worry I’m not going to tell his parents.

136stu
    Free Member

I know where he lives but don’t get your point?

kimbers

A neighbour & I once chased a Corsa down that had both front wheels splayed outwards and was bouncing off cars as it made its way down our street.
    Was pretty scary but we managed to get the keys from the ignition when it was stuck against a transit.

Young woman got out sobbing, absolutely legless “he’s left me, I just want to get home to my mum” I actually felt sorry for her and gave her a hug, but then mine wasn’t one of the 10+ vehicles she’d smashed on out street alone

ads678

I know where he lives but don’t get your point?

They are saying he wouldn’t be able to tell what the person was drinking from his bedroom window, but if they dont know where he lives or what type of house he lives in how can they say that.

A terraced house that buts up to the footway would pretty much over look the road, or a bungalow so he would be low down enough to see into a car. We also dont know the speed the car was going at.

Basically no one but the op knows but tne fact is that he thinks he saw someone drink driving and seems to have done the right thing.

Seems a bit weird to be calling out the op thats all.

frankconway

So…..without the use of x-ray spex the OP determines the contents of the bottle and its size; impressive or bollocks?
    Curtain twitching with binoculars at the ready….
    Was it 37.5ml? Could have been one of those continental 500ml bottles; could even have been 750ml.
    Vodka is a clear liquid so the container of indeterminate size could contain any other clear liquid – gin, water, lemonade, slivovic, unicorn piss.
    Are you sure the driver was a woman?

Drac

Seems a bit weird to be calling out the op thats all.

Errrr! No one is being serious.

Edit: Until now.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Yet another action packed day eh dez?

rogermoore

RM.

tomhoward

Errrr! No one is being serious.

I am. Look, this is my serious face. 🧐

martinhutch

A terraced house that buts up to the footway would pretty much over look the road, or a bungalow so he would be low down enough to see into a car. We also dont know the speed the car was going at.

Was her butt up to the footway? OP said he could only see the top half.

Perhaps the car was on a treadmill so he had longer to zoom in on the StarshipScope.

tjagain

This is rather close to bullying. NOt nice

Poopscoop

This thread reminds me of the movie, 12 Angry Men.

Speculating if the old lady could have seen the murder without her glasses on etc.

Anyway…

I think the op did the right thing, his only mistake is posting it on here as we all know where that ends up.😁

tomhoward

This is rather close to bullying. NOt nice

What response should have been offered/expected? OP had already taken action, so not like he was after advice, maybe praise for being such a good citizen? Pity/scorn for the lady we know nothing about, save she was wearing clothes above the waist? He did go into a surprising amount of detail about a clear liquid in a small bottle from far away away enough that I reckon most people wouldnt be confident IDing the brand to ID the spirit. I reckon if I’d met up with my mates and regaled them with such a detailed account, I’d get a similar response.

Guess we’ll never know the outcome of the OP though.

bearnecessities

What a screwed-up thread.

The OP is one of the nicer people on here, and this is how you treat him.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Well said bearN..

pondo

Regardless, it’s a bullshit thread.

nobbingsford

This is truly the weirdest thread I’ve seen on here (and I’ve been a lurker for many a year).

Unless the OP has done something dreadful or stupid the rest of us know nothing about, since when was it fair game to take the piss with such vehemence (and with seemingly zero provocation)?

Or is this all some sarcy reference to something else?

Either way, I’m genuinely shocked.

Doesn’t come across funny to me.

funkmasterp

OP seems like a great guy and did the right thing by reporting it. I don’t think anybody is intending to bully, just people taking the piss a bit as usual. Not sure what other way it could’ve possibly gone tbh.

shermer75
    Free Member

Sometimes being frivolous when the other person is being very serious is really, really funny, and that is what happened here. Apologies to the OP for hurting his feelings, looking back that was a bit cruel, but at the time it was just too funny to resist!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘How bad must things be if you’re driving and swigging from a bottle of vodka?’ is closed to new replies.