Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • How bad must things be if you’re driving and swigging from a bottle of vodka?
  • Drac

I’ll go back to being fun sponge and stop making jokes.

mahalo

brightened up my morning anyway.

bunch of snowflakes xx

Drac

Well who doesn’t like a laugh a few pints as they drive to work.

globalti
    Free Member

The OP was absolutely right to report the woman and the piss-takers on here ought to be ashamed of themselves; I bet Drac and his mates have some conceited idea of themselves as open-minded, easy-going dudes but it’s actually a form of censorship because jeering sarcasm causes right-thinking people to bite their lips and say nothing, which allows the scum in society to carry on doing scummy things. From my front window I look straight down into passing cars I could certainly read a newspaper headline and I would be able to tell you the brand and the bottle size if somebody went past swigging from a bottle.

Drac

You’ve lost the bet.

MoreCashThanDash

The attitudes of some on here is getting really unpleasant again, and the defence of “it’s just the internet/bantz” is pretty pathetic.

Well done OP, you did what you felt was the right thing, for the right reasons.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Drinking straight vodka while driving?!!!

Having not decanted it into an Evian bottle first?!

Maybe she’s a massive Attenborough fan and decants her tap water into a Vodka bottle?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The OP was absolutely right to report the woman

Yes he was. Which he did before he ever posted here.

and the piss-takers on here ought to be ashamed of themselves

Should we though?

What was the purpose of the OP if not to invite a pile on to some anonymous woman, with no opportunity to defend herself for her, seemingly reprehensible, behavior.

It wasn’t a request for advice,  and nothing anyone said here would affect the outcome of the scenario. It was a judgemental shout of “BUNDLE!”

What was that if not bullying?

Scorn is an unpredictable beast and , if you invite it into your house, you shouldn’t be surprised if it bites you too.

Also, he called me Percy, so probably deserves everything he gets.

136stu
    Free Member

Well said Percy 😁

Drac

No one has disputed what he did of course things must be bad for the woman if she was drinking vodka whislt driving. That does not mean people can’t make jokes and it’s not bantz it’s humour not bullying at all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Well said Percy

You deserve everything you get. 😉

136stu
    Free Member

You deserve everything you get

You can’t call me a get, that’s bullying.

tjagain

Sorry Drac – that went right up to the line of bullying if not over. Have a read thru it again.

There is a nasty bullying edge appears on here now and then and this is one of those times.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

We could actually just try and answer the original question;

“How bad must things be if you’re driving and swigging from a bottle of vodka?”

Maybe she started a thread on Mumsnet about people who push prams whilst smoking and all the other Mums made some jokes?

perchypanther
    Free Member

BUNDLE ON STU!

martinhutch

Percypointer has revealed his weak spot. I’m sure this place will not ruthlessly exploit it. 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Thanks for that Marvin.

Drac

Sorry TJ it didn’t no one has abused the OP, no one has called him a liar there was some humour and some doubts but that was all.

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t see the OPs post as inviting everyone to bundle in on the lady who was driving.

If that’s how people have read it, then it sounds to me like they are actively looking for opportunities to bundle on someone, which is a pretty sad state of affairs.

I can see some responses were intended to be humourous, a couple certainly were not. TJ and I rarely see eye to eye, but I think he’s right on this one.

tjagain

YOu have re read it and come to that conclusion?

mt
    Free Member

@Drac. You are right on the liar thing but his judgement was questioned. What seems to some as humour looks like ridicule to others. tj is right on the bullying edge to this thread. It should be closed.

OP you did the right thing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I don’t see the OPs post as inviting everyone to bundle in on the lady who was driving.

What did you see it as?

If it wasn’t an invitation to either revile her for her behaviour, which the cops and the courts are presumably taking care of, or pity her poor unfortunate  circumstances, which we ( or the OP) have absolutely no way of knowing, then what was it?

Nico
    Free Member

Well if we’re doing bullying I’d like to put in an application to bully tjagain for writing “thru”, loads of people for using the Americanism “call out” and William of Ockham for his ridiculous assertion that if there are a number of possible explanations for an event then the most simple is the one to start with.

So, a woman in a mini drinking out of a small bottle of clear liquid. I propose – bottled water.

I’d also like to add that internet staple, “no good without pictures*”.

* particularly of her bottom half.

funkmasterp

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

bigyinn
    Free Member

To be fair to the OP, I read his post as him being quite shocked / surprised at seeing what he saw and posting his surprise.
    Possibly the OP’s reputation as a bit of a joker has clouded peoples interpretation on this thread?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I agree with TJ, some really crappy attitudes and posts directed at the OP for seemingly no reason. It happens from time to time on here and there’s always the usual mob mentality/playground response of “we’re only having a laugh”.

As for questioning what he can or can’t see, I’m currently living in a terraced house with the front door one paving slab from the main road…..I can hear people’s hands free phone conversations in the back bedroom and would have no trouble spotting a bottle of vodka in a driver’s hand.

tjagain

an application to bully tjagain for writing “thru”,

Bully – its because I cannot spell throghugh threw Thruogh Thru

Now look at what you have done. I am going to have to sit in a corner all day sulking

scandal42
    Free Member

Recently been noticing how old a lot of the posts are on the 1st page of this forum these days, can’t say I’m surprised based on this horror show of a thread.

Mountain biking seems to be more popular than ever and yet this forum seems to be going the other way, strange that.

mahalo

Perhaps she had just come on here for a bit of light hearted bike chat…

outofbreath
    Free Member

Perhaps she had just come on here for a bit of light hearted bike chat…

😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Mountain biking seems to be more popular than ever and yet this forum seems to be going the other way, strange that.

Pretty sure MTB is in decline.

footflaps

Pretty sure MTB is in decline.

Road riding is in ascension, MTB has been declining for several years now.

Drac

Are you saying MTB is all downhill?

PJay
    Free Member

Absolutely the right thing for the OP to do – far too much needless injury & death on the roads (including cyclists) and any attempt to stop more is laudable (wonders if a ‘cyclist killed by drunk driver’ thread would have been equally ‘humour’ filled).

Nico
    Free Member

Now look at what you have done. I am going to have to sit in a corner all day sulking

Sorry. Please don’t sulk. “Thru” is a lot better than calling a pavement a “footway”. Has anybody said “signage” yet?

kerley
    Free Member

Of course we don’t actually know she was drinking vodka (unless your sight is so good than no only can you read the label, you can also see the molecular structure of the liquid and can determine it to be alcohol). She may just be using an old vodka bottle to put water in as it fits in the cup holder, is water tight, she likes the bottle etc,.

All a bit moot anyway as the likelihood of the police actually doing anything about it is around 1% and if they did bother looking into it they may just find a woman was drinking water whilst driving or a woman who drank vodka 2 days before they get around to testing her.

nobbingsford

At risk of harping on about it, theres been a good handful of people who’ve posted on this thread to specifically say it’s all come across as verging on bullying from their perspective.

I’m no snowflake by the way – far from it! I enjoy a lot of comedy that’s well beyond the knuckle. Point is, everyone knows that’s comedy.

We all know on here that a bit (or a lot!) of piss-taking is par for the course – that’s what makes a lot of posts a highly entertaining read.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell what the real intent is behind the words though, particularly for those amongst us not so gifted in the craft!

I think a few missed the mark on this one. Just my opinion of course, but clearly one shared by others.

colp

I think this thread should be closed before somebody schnapps.

scotroutes

Are you saying MTB is all downhill?

Not with an ebike

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Report it

A friend of my father, a policeman, stopped a lady for a routine stop some years ago and let her go on her way. 20 mins later the same lady drove the wrong way down the motorway and killed two young girls. They found vodka in her handbag, the same policeman failed in a suicide bid and was left brain damaged.

4 lives ruined.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘How bad must things be if you’re driving and swigging from a bottle of vodka?’ is closed to new replies.