• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ff29.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope V4 Fouling on MRP 180mm Post Mount Fork Leg
  • ff29

Hey There,

Trying to fit a Hope V4 onto my MRP Ribbon fork with a 180mm rotor.
    The topside cylinder seems to foul on the fork leg. I can tighten it down but because the brake has no roll it is impossible to centre the brake properly. Anyone had this before? Can I just shim it with a 1mm washer both sides to get the little bit of clearance I need?

Thanks in Advance
    B

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had to shim plenty of brakes calipers on various forks over the years. Usually it’s such a small amount that it doesn’t matter at all.

ff29

Cool thanks for that I will shim. 🙂

lawman91

The E4 i recently put on a newer set of Revelations is mightily close to bottoming out on the fork leg, even with a recess built into the leg just for that reason! Think it’s quite common for some 4-piston brakes to foul or be close it on 180mm post mounts. Shim away or switch to a bigger rotor and mount.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used some old 0.3mm M6 shims from old IS brakes to lift an E4 Galilee off the chainstay recently.

So long as the pads don’t then come above the top rotor edge and start causing the pads to form a lips, it’s fine.

Other option is a +23mm adaptor and a 203 rotor

ff29

Thanks All. Yes when I tried to shim, could see that rotor would be under pad edge @ top and would form a lip.

Will switch back to 203 and mount. They centred up perfectly.
    Wanted to go down to 180mm because quite frankly found the 203 terrifying with the four pot.

Will man up and get used to it!

chiefgrooveguru

“Wanted to go down to 180mm because quite frankly found the 203 terrifying with the four pot.”

The sintered pads bite less hard than the stock organic ones, if that helps?

ff29

Ta chief groove. A good tip. Out riding this weekend. Will see how it goes and make switch if I find it to much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope V4 Fouling on MRP 180mm Post Mount Fork Leg’ is closed to new replies.