Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope rx4 (I.s adapter)
  • trap6
    Free Member

There was a thread a year or so back relating too issues with compatibility with I.s mounted forks,I think the consensus was to use a Hayes 160mm I.s to post,has anyone got any other ideas or a link as to where to buy these from??

TA.

zilog6128

I raided my parts bin of adapters but still had to shim it with a couple of washers. Can’t remember if it was a Hope or SRAM one but could check later. Has been fine though!!

Odd that Hope never released a proper one though.

Carbis

It was me who found the Hayes adaptor worked, I had one in my spares box that came off a 2006 Kona. I think I had another lying around, will check tomorrow.

trap6
    Free Member

Yeah,I’ve thought about modifying one from the spares box but out of the ny on dozen I have I wouldn’t trust them to stay in one piece,
    carbis yes it was you on the thread at the time,
    I’ve just built up a steel frameset and are keen too keep the original forks,other alternative would be carbon forks with post mount which I’m not prepared to do as I personally think frameset looks better without.
    If you’ve a spare,that would be great

trap6
    Free Member

Zilog,did you have the clearance issue of caliper up tight against adaptor?160mm shimano is fine for clearance but the caliper barely goes over rotor,hazard a guess I’d say I would have to file off at least 6mm,any chance of pic,

Carbis

I checked the spares box and didn’t find one. The part number is 74-20D on the adaptor.

Carbis

Found the Hayes site gives the information on that part number.

https://hayesdiscbrake.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/08/Mount_Bracket_Chart_2005.pdf

This is the part on eBay which looks like the one I’m using.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hayes-2000-IS-QR-Adapter-Kit-98-15068-/173871394441

Hope that helps.

trap6
    Free Member

Thanks guys for your input,started thinking a bit clearer today,turned one of the spare adapters I have upside down & added a shim between caliper /adapter works just fine.

Peace.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope rx4 (I.s adapter)’ is closed to new replies.