Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Pro II Hubs Gone Quite
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Out on a ride to day I noticed my noramlly noisy rear hub had gone alot less noisy. Its only a few months old any ideas what happened.

thomthumb
    Free Member

springs snapped.

i'd put money on it. mine last around 6 months

elaineanne
    Free Member

erm….. ive had my bike around 5 months and seems ok ! do i need to be worried….. what is the problem with these hubs if any ???

slowrider
    Free Member

yep, could be springs snapped. never snapped any myself on 4 sets of pro2's but my old man just serviced his rear hub and had snapped all of them. his was pretty gunked up too.

elaine anne, they are great hubs, easy to service and any warranty issues are sorted as quick as. if they arent doing what they should be its usually really easy to work out whats wrong.

elaineanne
    Free Member

whats the warranty on the hubs then ? i,ll be crying if mine die…lol

bananaworld
    Free Member

Hope Pro II Hubs Gone Quite

Quite what…? 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

officially a year i think, though they look after you outside of that too. parts arent too costly anyway tbh.

bananaworld, i was waiting to find that out too!

timberjack
    Free Member

mine snapped 2 springs after 4 months, also had 2 sets of wheel bearings and one set of free hub bearings in a year

sprocker
    Free Member

five years studying at university cost me a fortune still cannot spell !!
    The only thing I have done to mine is change the cassette which was stuck. Ended up pulling the free hub out but just knocked the cassette off with a rubber hammer and slotted it back in. It has worked for the last 6 rides since changing it I just noticed today that the walkers were no longer alerted to my presence.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

lol, bell not needed! love 'em

SBrock
    Free Member

More than likely that they need a good clean out!

The pawls & springs very rarely snap, what makes them go quiet is all the gunk & grease thats got in there!

The need stripping and cleaning/lubing…..look here http://www.forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=283367%5D

Done mine a few times and they sound like new (ie noisy)

coopersport1
    Free Member

I had a few probs with broken springs after a few months on mine, cost £1 for new ones, easy to fit too. They've been fine since and have never had wheelbearings in over 2500miles of all conditions riding!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II Hubs Gone Quite’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM