Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Pro Hub 2 freehub help required
  • ramsey
    Free Member

Like many others I’m fed up with the constant clicking noise coming from the freehub so I want to change it for a Shimano model or similar. I’ve had a quick look and I can see how to remove the freehub body but I’m confused on how to fit the new freehub. The Hope freehub has two push fit cones followed by a twist removal of the body but how do I fit the new freehub? Do I need other parts like a bolt and Shimano cones etc? There must be someone out there who’s done this before and can talk me through it?

Many thanks in advance 🙂

leeroybrown
    Free Member

You can’t do it you would have to change the hub

JCL
    Free Member

Yeah that’s not gonna happen.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Are you trying to fit a shimano oem freehub on a Hope Pro hub body?

parkesie
    Free Member

Put some grease in thats the only way to quieten a hope hub. No way of fitting a shimano free hub.

mrmo
    Free Member

i suppose liberal application of araldite to the pawls would quieten the hub as well. Or wear ear plugs?

woody2000

ASsuming you’re being serious, it’s not possible to do what you’re thinking. Pack your current freehub with thick oil, that’ll quite it down

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

The later pro springs and pawl kit has lighter thinner springs, which will be quieter with a blob of grease too.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

If you want to swap that hub I’ve got a nice new deore one sat in the garage……….

boxelder

Pedal more…..

brokensoul
    Free Member

Earplugs?

robarnold
    Free Member

Strap on a pair of bollocks whilst you’re at it

scruff
    Free Member

Marine grease in mine, not too much otherwise it will clag up. Virtually silent and lasts about 3 months before needing replacing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro Hub 2 freehub help required’ is closed to new replies.