Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope mono mini help!
  • SheffyP
    Free Member

I need a little help with my Hope minis. It seems that one piston moves much further and returns much more readily than the other. I have tried holding the smooth one in and pumping the brake, and the slower one does come out and return, but just doesnt seem to move as far or as quick than the other. All this means that the slow one tends to remain in contact with the disk a little, albieit gently, it still slows me down.

Any ideas welcome

S

uplink
    Free Member

They could probably do with a gentle clean & lube

Remove the pads & push the pistons out – not far enough for them to pop out
    Apply some brake fluid with a cotton bud & cycle the pistons in & out a few times

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Pretty much what uplink said, but get a brush in there first to remove all the brake crud etc before lubing. You will probably need to do the lube, pump, clean cycle a few times. And there is no reason to use brake fluid – I have always used ordinary oil as by definition there is no exchange of fluids past the seal

oldgit
    Free Member

Any sign of leakage? a full seal and piston service is pretty cheap and straight forward.

coatesy
    Free Member

I’d be wary of using oil as a lube, if it turns out to be mineral based you can kiss goodbye to your seals.

mybike
    Free Member

May be worth checking out the Hope website

http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_39.html

Had the same but not since following vid 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope mono mini help!’ is closed to new replies.