Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Braided Hose, Magura banjo ?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Hi all, building up some Shigura (XTR race & MT5) and was thinking about some braided hose for cosmetics – will the connections work if I use Magura banjo fittings? Is the Hope Braided Diameter compatible. Will the Shimano barb be okay in the braided hose ?

nixie

How about the Jagwire braided kit? You can mix and match the end fittings to be correct for the parts you have and be happy they fit the hose properly. https://jagwire.com/products/hydraulic-hose/mountain-pro-hydraulic-hose.

Back to the question I don’t thin Magura supply banjos separately so you’d be looking at third party parts anyway. Shimano and Magura use different hose bore sizes, not sure what bore the hope hose is.

Bruce

I have braided hoses on one of my bikes and regret the choice as they don’t seem to make any difference to performance and rattle against the top tube.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Not surprised they don’t make any difference in performance. OE lines won’t balloon in the first place.

noltae
    Free Member

The difference I was after was cosmetic. I notice there are a few different generic 5mm banjos that claim to fit Magura MT. However I’m not certain these would work.. Does anyone have experience with aftermarket banjos ?  And if so could these also fit the Hope Braided which is now 5mm .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.