Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Honda Jazz service costs……have a guess.
  • RustySpanner

4 year/46,000 mile service at a main dealer, plus MOT.

Needed 2 wipers, discs and pads all round, an air con re-gas and the clutch fluid changing.

Take a guess how much I was quoted……..

jimw
    Free Member

Close to £1k if Honda dealership prices are anything like those for VW. It would be the discs and pads that would really push the price up.
    Could try Honda Jazz bingo?
    Pads and discs £550
    Wipers £55
    Re-gas £80
    Service £350
    MOT £45
    Clutch fluid £60

failedengineer

£850?

captain_bastard
    Free Member

4 bob and a pickled egg

RustySpanner

Not even close!

Quoted just under £1375 for the lot.

Mind.
    Blown.

ceept

Not much change from £1k. I’ll go for £931.67

ceept

On 2nd thoughts, 4 year will be a bigger service & I suspect includes brake fluid. £1200 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ll do it for £1275 in cash.

simondbarnes

I’m going for £1375

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

£350+vat.

Because you got some sort of deal on the servicing when you bought it.

scuttler

Looking at the typical Jazz driver around here, 7 guineas and 4 shillings.

RustySpanner

Psychic Simon!

martymac

I don’t think that’s too bad actually.

jimw
    Free Member

Blimey, how much were the wipers then £100 each ??

airvent
    Free Member

Just do it yourself you’ll be able to get the brake parts for 300 to 400 quid then change the oil and filter yourself, then the rest probably doesn’t need done. What’s even included in a 350 quid service other than oil and filter, probably just an air filter and pollen filter lol.

Why does the air con need a regas after 4 years? My car is nearly 8 years old and never had that done and it runs perfectly cold.

RustySpanner

£700 for the brakes.
    £150 re-gas.

The brakes were knackered and the air con wasn’t what it was.

Gearbox feels better with new clutch fluid.

I’ve wiped the rest from my memory.

After negotiations regarding a decent discount, I went ahead and had it all done.

Independent next year, obviously.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My first thought was, why is a 4 year old car going to a main dealer?

RustySpanner

Because I am a cautious idiot.

Hence the Jazz, obviously.

Waderider
    Free Member

Real men service their cars themselves

jimw
    Free Member

We just had a re-gas and a/c service (which seemed to mostly involving using a cleansing canister let off in the footwell) on my partner’s Polo at a VW dealer and it was £79. £150, wow.

johnners
    Free Member

I can’t believe you needed brakes all round at 4 years and 46000 miles! Are Honda brakes made of camembert or do you have a particularly “sporty” driving style?

aP
    Free Member

That’s close to Merc pricing **sighs**

squirrelking
    Free Member

Even my Civic never cost that and the bloody caliper pins seized all the time! How is it even close to 700 quid for brakes and pads on a shopping trolley like that? Are they pricing the labour for each component or something?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I can’t believe you needed brakes all round at 4 years and 46000 miles! Are Honda brakes made of camembert or do you have a particularly “sporty” driving style?

What do you drive and how long do pads last …..

Even the wife’s peugeot partner which is impossible to drive sporty….needed new pads by 46k miles. Needed a set of tyres about then as well.

sturdylad
    Free Member

That’s madness, but seems to be a Honda thing…

Until recently we were able to access the Honda employee car scheme.
    Ultimate bonus, new car every 9k miles etc etc.
    Anyway, a month or so into our final car, the alarm started going off and it couldn’t be stopped. At 1am I wasn’t about to start reading the handbook!

Sent the car to the dealer and got it back the next day. A warranty receipt was left on the seat.
    Ultrasonic sensor replaced. Go on have a guess…

£1200!!!!

Bloody glad I wasn’t paying that bill.

muddy@rseguy

OP whatever you do don’t go looking online for the cost of Bosch discs and pads for a Honda Jazz.

After the obvious labour costs you’ll find a chunk of the additional cost was for the disposal (which probably won’t make you feel any better).

And on that note, in a previous job one of my colleagues once used the workshop and car jacks to to change his front brake pads (plus a couple of people to also do all the actual spanner work for good measure). Once done he threw the old pads in one of the office bins, the cleaners were naturally very impressed at this very kindly dumped his old brake pads back on his desk for him to find the next morning. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how they knew exactly which desk it was…

Anyway, just thank your lucky stars you didn’t spec some trick carbon ceramic discs, they go for about £10-£12k for you average Porsche 911 GT3 RS, lots of owners got very nasty surprises at service time… 8-0

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Real men get their wife to service the car.

patagonian
    Free Member

About 10 years ago my Peugeot 407 coupe needed one new tyre valve…..main dealer charged £270! I wrote to Peugeot UK and they refunded the lot (admittedly I pointed out the design was flawed).
    Its the same old story, car manufacturers/dealers will charge whatever they feel the market will bear.

fossy

Front discs and pads for an Aygo, £38.

My BIL got fleased by Ford for front/rear pads and discs on his Kuga – £500.

mattyfez

You have to watch main stealers..
    Once had a Ford dealer try to con be into buying new disks on its first service.

Once had a volvo dealer try to charge me for 8 spark plugs.

bfw

My 2017 Mits L200 costs £850-£1k every service. Previous one that I owned for 13 years from new never went over £500. I do certain items myself, for example:

Pads and discs £550 – I bought performance discs and pads for £175 and did it myself in 1h – just get some axle stands from Halford’s or eBay
    Wipers £55 – might be cheaper if you source them
    Re-gas £80 – Kwik fit is a lot cheaper
    Service £350
    MOT £45
    Clutch fluid £60

You might be able to cut that in half

mj27
    Free Member

Here at work someone has has discs and pads done on their VW Tiguan, £400 each end!!!!

£800 for the lot. Cant be more than £300 on eurocarparts and a few hours of dirty hands.

servo
    Free Member

Focus ST 5th year service + MOT for £197 at Ford Dealer with 12 months breakdown included.

Booked online and they really grumbled as webiste has been underquoting the price. They wanted to charge me £354.

ampthill

Isn’t servicing of cars in private ownership, be the dealer, a bit of a niche thing now. Basically they want to own the car and charge you a monthly fee for servicing and maintenance. Costs like those in this thread are part of push to get you signed up

We use a pricey but convenient independent. They tell me it’s getting increasingly common for cars to be written off by repair costs quite early in their lives

scamperjenkins
    Free Member

I’d have got the minimum done to get the MD service stamp, and gone elsewhere for the rest.

PrinceJohn

Wipers £55

I want my personalised butler to sit on the bonnet & wipe the screen for that.

mattyfez

Here at work someone has has discs and pads done on their VW Tiguan, £400 each end!!!!

£800 for the lot. Cant be more than £300 on eurocarparts and a few hours of dirty hands.

Bonkers… Say the parts are 300, an the mechanic is absolutely useless and took an hour on each wheel at £100 per hour, that would still only be £700.

danmac
    Free Member

Well if anyone in worcestershire needs servicing work doing, reach out. Im a mobile mechanic 😁

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Glocs/worcs border, you go that far south?

danmac
    Free Member

Unfortunately not. Im north worcs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Honda Jazz service costs……have a guess.’ is closed to new replies.