Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Home insurance with bikes – Nationwide any good?
  • bajsyckel

It’s our time for renewal shortly and Nationwide has come up reasonably compared to our existing provider. Has anyone any experience of using them for cover, and if so have they been any good to deal with (either for home or bike related mishaps)? I realise this is a thrilling topic for a summer evening, so any comments appreciated.

dogbone

Aviva Plus

I think they may have changed their t&c’s since (and maybe because of) my claim. New for old. No max on bike value.

MoreCashThanDash

Renewal just come through from Aviva – not found a better option for the last 2 years

patagonian
    Free Member

Nationwide handled our burglary really well, everything was dealt with promptly and I didn’t have to do much at all. In our case it was a few jewellry items which they offered to recreate.

bajsyckel

Cool to hear the above, thanks. I’ll check out Aviva too based on the above, but useful to see that Nationwide seem to be decent if you have to deal with them too. Off out for a spin to catch the last hour of light but will check back in later, thanks.

granny_ring

Have Aviva changed their conditions re cover in outbuildings would anyone know?

dogbone

With mine they (Aviva Plus) now say the bikes have to be locked to a fixed point and that I have an alarm in the garage (alarm due to amount of last claim).

oikeith

Same here, added my bike in the garage and because of the value the Aviva underwriters added this stipulation to my policy

granny_ring

Ok cheers I’ll give them a ring.

andybrad

nationwide were great when i had my bike nicked. but then imposed a cap of 2k on a bike.

bajsyckel

Thanks everyone for all that, really useful stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

Better check my Aviva terms!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance with bikes – Nationwide any good?’ is closed to new replies.