Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Holiday company Ideas
  • rob39
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m looking into starting a company offering mtb holidays in my local area, Anyone give any advice on how to get started or what YOU would expect from a uk based company. My local area has many forest roads, hills and single trak paths with occasional hike a bike sections.

GrahamA
    Free Member

There is a few people on here in that line of work who may be able to offer some real advice but in the meantime are you planning on offering accommodation and or guiding.

If you are planning on guiding you will need the relevant qualifications.

If you are just doing accommodation I’d imagine it would be just like running a B&B someone asked a smiler question not to long ago, try the search.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need a unique selling point (USP)otherwise you are just one of many and its hard to stand out from the crowd

stevomcd
    Free Member

If you are planning on guiding you will need the relevant qualifications.

This isn’t actually true in the UK, you can guide without any qualifications at all. However, you will find it more difficult to get insurance or work with kids.

rob39
    Free Member

Hi all
    Planning on guiding and aswell as providing accomodation each night. The good thing is that there are no companies that ride in this area. Ideas welcome

geoffj

The good thing is that there are no companies that ride in this area.

Is there not a good reason for that? Where abouts are we talking?

rob39
    Free Member

South west Scotland, around Loch Doon and south towards New Galloway (carrick forest)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holiday company Ideas’ is closed to new replies.