Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 609 total)
  • Highland Trail 550
  • scotroutes

Scroll down to the Leaderboard and refresh it

codybrennan
    Free Member

I think the tracker might be a bit out- Gaz is still riding.

rickmeister

Got it, thanks..

acehtn
    Free Member

The tracking system has it quirks and isn’t quite 100% for live following 🙂

That or Gary had a pint of speed at the Bridge of Orchy pub 🙂

codybrennan
    Free Member

Text from GT:

“It is done”.

🙂

acehtn
    Free Member

he has energy to text 🙂

boxelder

Big up Mr T.
    Now wash those socks and helmet pads before you give them back……

acehtn
    Free Member

Johans making good time and almost to Gairlochy

David is over the A82 at Orchy and running for the finish

Keith is about to drop down to A82 then grind up to GlenCoe ski center, be a late finish but should get a 5day time bracket finish.

If Alan has an early start he might get in under 6 days, 10 hours left before the clock rolls into day 6

acehtn
    Free Member

Davids in 5days 14hours 39mins

Johans around Fort William now.

scotroutes

David did a fantastic job to make up so much time given he was 17-18 hours behind Gary at times.

epicyclo

Looks like Keith is still rolling with about 20 miles to go.

boxelder

We’ll done Bucky – good garn for a l’aal lad.

epicyclo

1:30am and it looks like Keith is still going!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Iona may have decided to stick at Shenaval for the evening though.

I’d probably just stay there, lazing about in the ‘front garden’ til the weekend going by tomorrows weather! Nice spot.

1:30am and it looks like Keith is still going!

It’s clearer and a bit chillier than last night but really nice out there. Just went around Loch Ness (11pm) on the motorbike and he’s not going to have many issues with light if he wants to keep on riding!

crazy-legs

It’s clearer and a bit chillier than last night but really nice out there. Just went around Loch Ness (11pm) on the motorbike and he’s not going to have many issues with light if he wants to keep on riding!

Richpips was still riding at about 11pm as well, he’s back on the move already this morning.

dotwatcher
    Free Member

Richpips was still riding at about 11pm as well, he’s back on the move already this morning.

He was given the 4am Mountain Meyham style pep talk when he rang yesterday. You know the one that mentions solicitors, changing of locks, cakeage at home, how proud Minipips is of his daddy, etc. There is only so much solo childcare I can do before social services are called.

boxelder

Someone get kettle and toaster fired up for Alan.

boxelder

So trackers. Presume the Spot ones are costly as they transmit. What are the best options for cheaper loggers with decent battery life?

IanB
    Free Member

Looks like Alan has finished. Awesome effort – sub 6 days, with a cold.

5 days, 22 hours, 59 mins

Hope there’s some birthday cake left for him at the Cafe

Clink

dotwatcher

Very appropriate username by the sounds of it! 🙂

scotroutes

Boxelder – the riders will also be using a GPS for navigation and logging. However, the race rules include the use of a Spot tracker.

ittaika
    Free Member

nice one alan!

GregMay
    Free Member

Scratch Updates: No one!

GregMay
    Free Member

So trackers. Presume the Spot ones are costly as they transmit. What are the best options for cheaper loggers with decent battery life?

They are not that expensive – with tracking and the yearly subscription ~£250. If you ride a lot on your own, like I tend to, they are worth it for piece of mind of others if nothing.

Garmin has another option in the GTU10, which is smaller but its a bit less predictable as it works via SMS -the SPOT is via satalite comms so a lot more dependable in the arse end of no where.

SPOTs also have another use…the big “help me” and “999” buttons should you get into proper bother….real bother. Not I can’t get a latte bother.

dotwatcher
    Free Member

Very appropriate username by the sounds of it!

Yes – I am slightly obsessed. I have a similar look to a cat watching goldfish.

I am pleased to see Rich has remembered the bakers run out of a garden shed in Ardelve – she cranks the ovens up at about 4am and opens the door to cranks at about the same time. I suspect she & her husband will be making him a pot of coffee – they like stories of madness.

nikk
    Free Member

Good to see Alan back.

I am gunning for Alasdair to get it done. We rode together for a few sections, and I rode with him last year as well for a day. Also gunning for Rich, who I met on the course this year and rode about 15 miles with up into the Corrieyairack, and also saw him in Ullapool at the chip shop.

And really, for everyone still out on the course, bring it home folks!

GregMay
    Free Member

Alasdair has put a lot of work in this year, we were chatting on and off in the lead in. I’m happy he’s going to get round 🙂

swavis

Absolutely fascinating stuff!! I think I’ll go out on a bivi tonight in honour of all you mad crazy fools 😀

calzzak
    Free Member

Just refreshed, Hutch is rolling on for the finish line then

Damn i think i would have stopped, but i assume he doesn’t know how much lead he has on the next rider, would be shocking to stop for a bacon roll and get passed so close to the finish !

Didn’t even occur to me that the ski centre was there for food. By that stage you feel like you’re on the home straight, turns out it’s still quite a long way though!

That was an amazing race, I was still enjoying it by the end. For my first proper ride on the bike as a singlespeed and first multi-day bikepacking ride, i’m quite pleased with how well it went!

Good fun reading back through the forums too, surprising how many people were actually watching. Looking forward to see the last folks making it to the finish, it’s an achievement just doing that in this race and they certainly have it tougher being out there for more nights!

Andrew H

acehtn
    Free Member

Good show Alan in under 6 days 🙂

Johans rolling out of Kinlochleven, although out of the race he should be done by early afternoon.

Could Al make it by midnight ? should do it before 7 days roll over.

A question on the time clock, does the offical race time limit halt when it rolls onto 8days 0minutes 0seconds ?

Still rooting for the others as there times are easier to relate to us normal people 🙂

NewRetroTom

Andrew – great effort you totally kicked arse!
    Did you drop a lezyne rear light? I picked one up coming over the last hill into Tyndrum.
    So are you a convert to singlespeeding then?

MrSparkle

Tom – well done fella. Sent you an email, might have ended up in your Junk folder.

large418
    Free Member

Tom, ask Nikk also as he came in a few mins ahead of Andy. Do you have their emails? (I will email your finishing pics to you oncer I have downloaded them etc)
    Steve

Rockape63
    Free Member

Only just discovered this thread and read it all. Very impressive stuff! I wonder how many hundreds, nay thousands of times each competitor has asked himself WTF were they thinking of when they entered it? 🙁

Still, will all be forgotten as they cross the finish line. 😀

edit: think Richpips may not get the warm welcome home he is hoping for! 😯

dotwatcher
    Free Member

edit: think Richpips may not get the warm welcome home he is hoping for!

He will…. it is all bluster to keep him on his bike and peddling.

boxelder

If he’s stopping and selling stuff, no wonder he’s a little off the pace…..
    {pedant}

calzzak
    Free Member

Andrew – great effort you totally kicked arse!
    Did you drop a lezyne rear light? I picked one up coming over the last hill into Tyndrum.
    So are you a convert to singlespeeding then?

Same to you! You kept me going whilst constantly looking over my shoulder. I saw two riders coming up Torridon behind me, thought it was you and Steve, certainly made me do the Coire Lair descent at high speed!
    Now that I look it seems I did lose that light, amazing it made it 560 odd miles but couldn’t hold on for the last few…
    I’m definitely a convert to singlespeed, the bike was brilliant.

GregMay
    Free Member

Looks like Iona has made it through Fisherfield and into Poolewe. Hopefully she’s found the campsite and all the ice-cream!

dotwatcher
    Free Member

He has to pay for his jolly jaunt somehow…. 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

Quite right Dotwatcher, the weather’s improved so he may be a while yet!

Looking at Iona it looks like she’s got a tarmac run on the A832/A896 past Kinlochewe coming up. How long is that stretch?

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 609 total)

The topic ‘Highland Trail 550’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM