Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Hermes depot photos in Swindon Advertiser
  • endomick
    Free Member

Nice to know my chainreaction parcels are in such safe hands. The bit about playing football with our packages explains at least two of my deliveries.

thepurist

Are Hermes delivering the links for that first post?  You know, the ones that tell us what ‘s actually being referred to.

marksnook
    Free Member

@thepurist 😂😂 well played! although I’m not sure I know how to post a link in fairness!

Trimix
    Free Member

Online purchase with free delivery – not surprised that the service you dont normally see is pants.

Northwind

I worked in a royal mail depot back when I was a student, it wasn’t so different.

Also, I’ve posted 1500 or so items now with hermes… 6 lost, 2 damaged. That ain’t bad at all. Lots delayed by a day or two.

plus-one

Looks like many courier delivery depots I’ve been in a few !!

Bez

Given the old cases about farm workers playing football and baseball with live turkeys, doing the same with parcels seems kind of less than “shocking”.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Disgraceful behaviour 🙄 At least he got his beautiful yard cleaned up

offcumden
    Free Member

Bratfud innit. Hermes delivery? Don’t bet on it! Class A Drugs delivery? 10 minutes tops.

Born and raised in the jewel of West Yorkshire’s crown, before anyone starts.

endomick
    Free Member

So sorry purist for not knowing how to post a link, I can’t seem to post photos either, 1000 apologises, please find it in your heart to forgive me, although googling Swindon Advertiser is surely simple enough rather than attacking fellow posters, you must be a real joy to live with, being so savvy and perfect.
    Thanks Jeff for the bailout, nice to know at least some people are well adjusted and actually help on here, rather starting unnecessary spats.
    Apologises again to anyone else I’ve infuriated.

Bez

you must be a real joy to live with, being so savvy and perfect

Given the choice of a cheeky but half decent joke or a long-winded sarcastic flounce, I think I’d shack up with thepurist 😉

Oblongbob

I thought it was a good gag. Maybe second sentence wasn’t entirely necessary.

greeny30
    Free Member

Almost every post I read has some unpleasant unhelpful tosser having a sly dig, jumping on the slightest mistake or trying to bully someone off the forum, it’s pathetic, there’s also too many people butting in to other posters arguments, leave em to it I say, let a guy defend himself from an unprovoked attack and let’s stick to useful comments and opinions on the actual thread.
    Anyone notice thepurist hasn’t even commented on the actual topic, does he just look for victims to take piss out off. As for my opinion on Hermes, I’ve had damaged and lost orders but my chainreaction orders arrive quicker than before with royalmail. Yodel are the worst though.

robo89
    Free Member

Well said, happy new year everybody and let’s try and be a bit nicer like we always seem to be on the trails.
    Sarcastic flounce, what a great name for a band.👍

chakaping
    Free Member

Almost every post I read has some unpleasant unhelpful tosser having a sly dig, jumping on the slightest mistake or trying to bully someone off the forum

I think it’s got a bit better than it was not so long ago, possibly because all the bell ends are on the politics threads, but there’s some truth to this still.

It was a reasonably funny gag though.

PS. you just paste the URL of the story OP, CTRL+C to capture it then CTRL+V in the thread.

footflaps

Am I the only one who is completely unsurprised by those photos? Pretty much how I imagined it would be. Luckily most modern packaging can cope with it.

kimbers

Northwind

Subscriber
    I worked in a royal mail depot back when I was a student, it wasn’t so different.

Yup me too , parcel force depot in Luton in summer hols, seen packages launched across the entire warehouse, stuff comes down the conveyor fast, thrown into bins by postcode, if it fell behind a bin then it was lost!
    Fragile parcels would get deliberately toe punted.

The only time someone got fired was when he threw a chair threw the cafeteria window when England got knocked out of the euros in extra time

kerley
    Free Member

Also, I’ve posted 1500 or so items now with hermes… 6 lost, 2 damaged. That ain’t bad at all. Lots delayed by a day or two.

Sounds bad to me. I have posted over 1,000 items with Royal Mail – none lost, none damaged, 2 delayed with I claimed for and got some money back.

stevious

Hello!

IN the spirit of being nice to each other, just a heads up that you can add links just by copy-pasting the address in. The forum detects it and sorts it for you.

IN reference to the OP, the thing that surprises me most about this stuff is how seldom my stuff is damaged.

EDIT – I expected just a link rather than the picture up there. This is better. Cool.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is it just me or is the only really obvious label actually a yodel one?

thepurist

Holy Moley!  I’m really sorry if anyone took my first comment badly.  Reading it back it doesn’t convey my light-hearted intention at all.  @Endomick – I’m far from being savvy and perfect, I dropped it big time there and will gladly say “I’m sorry”.  I did in fact go off and google the stuff intending to post the link too, but got sidetracked and by the time I remembered the link had already been posted twice so I didn’t bother posting it again.  To the others who took offence, no I don’t go around looking for victims to be high and mighty over or bully off the forum.  Far from it.   I’ll consider any future posts more carefully.

kayak23

As a multi drop driver it is difficult to find places for a wazz that don’t take too much time out of your round. Not many public toilets about these days.

No excuse at all for going up someone’s passage though. Find a bush or a McDonalds at least somewhere.

I had a glass delivery to me and went to the back of the van to collect it. There was a pop bottle in the racking with some ominous looking yellow fluid in it. Needs must I guess, so long as he wasn’t one of the ones that chuck them out on the verges.

I washed my hands after unloading 😀

joebristol

Sounds like it’s the price to pay when you sell a service very cheaply. They often undercut other delivery firms prices for heavier / bulkier goods in my experience of doing some occasional sales on eBay.

Northwind

kerley

Sounds bad to me. I have posted over 1,000 items with Royal Mail – none lost, none damaged, 2 delayed with I claimed for and got some money back.

I did probably 400 with royal mail before this and they managed about the same rate of lost parcels but the claims process was an absolute pain in the chuff- deliberately slow and awkward.

weatheredwannabe
    Free Member

I’d do the same, place looks like a toilet to me.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Hermes depot photos in Swindon Advertiser’ is closed to new replies.