Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help!!! XP on laptop in freefall
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Having increasing problems with my laptop (only thing I can do is access internet from task manager!). Had various error messages, latest one is ‘normaliz.dll is missing’ which seems to affect all programs. Tried to download new copy, but can’t open it because…. ‘normaliz.dll is missing’!!!!
    Tried reinstalling XP but got end of world message because version on cd is older than that currently in use, and will lose all files etc.
    Any bright ideas? And would I lose all files on my laptop (pics, music, shortcuts, etc) or only the XP files?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Anybody out there???

Davy
    Free Member

If you can, partition the hard drive, and put all the files you want to save on there, then do a full install of XP over the old one.

redthunder
    Free Member

Unbuntu

then

Virtual Machine

smokey_jo

Download a Linux distribution which you can run live off a CD this one’s quite small and good Puppy Linux then repartition your hard drive as previously suggested and copy all of your files to the new partition and if you want to you can then reinstall XP. Puppy is only 100MB download instead of 600MB for Ubuntu.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help!!! XP on laptop in freefall’ is closed to new replies.