Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with pricing please!!!!
  • wordy1979
    Free Member

Im thinking of buying a 2009 Lapierre Spicy for 1600. Is this to much to pay for a second hand bike??

Bregante

Which one? (316 or 916 as spec levels vary wildly) it’s a 3 yr old bike. Dependent on condition I’d be looking to pay about 40-50% of original price.

igorl
    Free Member

Too much.

LBS here (Slovenia) has one 2011 316 for 1650 pounds (this is the last one in large, old stock but all of it was 30% off). I had mine 2010 216 for 1200 new (from Austria), with upgrades it is similarly speced to this years 516 but at much lower price.

Not suggesting that you get it from here, just that you can still get good deals on last years models (which is somewhat improved with tapered headtube and 142 through-axle).

wordy1979
    Free Member

Sorry the 516 should have been more specific.

wordy1979
    Free Member

The original price was 2890 approx.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Way too much. Its 3 years old for gods sake, which means its probably shagged. I thought the older lapierres had cracking issues aswell?

igorl
    Free Member

2008 had some (zestys had more), 2009 was supposedly fixed. However, my friends 2010 also cracked very quickly after purchase, mine 2010 is still holding up.

To OP: really too much for 2009 516, I would save some more and get old model new.

peteimpreza

igorl where in Slovenia are you?i

igorl
    Free Member

Vrhnika, 15 km south of ljubljana.

tomhoward

I think the same as everyone in your other thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with pricing please!!!!’ is closed to new replies.