Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help with a bike on Ebay Value – Kona Roast.
  • jekkyl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201058024295?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_120wt_1156
    no: 201058024295

I’ve mailed him and he’s set the reserve at £160, bike is 10 years old. I think if I was expecting £160 I’d be putting up BIG pictures with a lot more info. It does come with a set of STW favourite marzocchi bombers, but is taking the mick with that reserve?

tomhoward

We’ll find out tomorrow evening.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is £160 big bucks for a decent used bike in your eyes?

jekkyl

I’m only after it to put the kiddy seat on the back and for very occasional use when my brother comes round for some trails, hence would rather it have front suspension. A bike of this age you would expect to pay under £70 quid maybe, what I mean is, is there something about this make/model that sets it apart and warrants a higher value?

Gotama
    Free Member

Seems a bit steep. Also need to base your guesswork re the condition of the bike based on the second picture as they’re clearly taken at different times. Has he tried to list this before, can you see from history. Picture one the plant pots are new, picture two they’re knackered. I knew the constant stw garden critique would come in handy at some point 🙂

Edit and re your last post. No, I owned a roast when they were new. Brown frame model, think it was about £550 new at the time. As a frame I hated it, something strange about the angles and the way it rode.

jekkyl

Oh yeah, the hose changes colour as well.

Gotama
    Free Member

Yep, that was the give away. Plant pot condition provides indication of which pic was first. Now if you’ll excuse me i’m off to solve some crimes or something…..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d say £160 would be the absolute max its worth (IMHO) but then I’d say you were taking the piss with a £70 valuation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help with a bike on Ebay Value – Kona Roast.’ is closed to new replies.