Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help – Nokia phone skills
  • Earl
    Free Member

Go a 3y old nokia – very very basic.

Problem is the first 2 rings are silent then another 2 before going to voice mail. Same thing happens no matter if on general or Loud. How do i hear all 4 rings?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Check the volume settings? It might be on an ascending ringtone? Try changing the ringtone?

uplink
    Free Member

Extend the time it rings before going to voicemail?
    Change the ring properties from escalating to high/loud?

carlosg
    Free Member

Is it set on a 'rings ascending' mode?
    http://www.keep-talking.net/nokia_mobile_phone_manuals.htm

have a look on here for a user manual , maybe that will give you the answer.

Moses

Buy newer but 2nd hand phone.
    £10.
    Sorted

Or check the sttings, somewhere there will be a choice of "ring" or "Ascending" for the tone

carlosg
    Free Member

Moses – Member

Buy newer but 2nd hand phone.
    £10.

you can get a new one for that at Asda , with £5 talk time.

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you tried gluing it to a hamster?

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

It's not just the ring type. If it's going to voicemail too quickly after that, then it's a setting your servicer provider (eg Vodafone) controls.

I've long suspected that they keep the default ring time very short so that they maximize revenue from people forced to call their mailbox, simply because they did not answer their phone fast enough. They also make no money whilst your phone is signalling (ie ringing), but not in a voice call, so there is more pressure on them to minimize the ringing periods, especially where networks are busy.

If you call your provider (Vodafone or whoever), they should have a setting they can give you to set the ringing time for longer. I did it and needed to key in a control string involving lots of control characters. I got it out to 40 seconds once.

uplink
    Free Member

the codes to extend the ringtime before voicemail kicks in are available via a google search

For O2 just dial the following to increase it to 30 secs **61*901*11*30#

Earl
    Free Member

No ascending ringtone feature on my phone – its that basic.

Extended ring time may be the ticket. Thanks.

zaskar
    Free Member

Read the manual?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help – Nokia phone skills’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM