Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help needed!!! Clarks s2 front brake
  • lukehooper
    Free Member

Hi all,

Got a clarks s2 hydraulic front brake. Got it all mounted so decided to go for a spin round the block to try and bed them in a bit. probably done about 3-4 miles now braking regularly getting progresivly harder until i come to a stop. so decided to give them a test at the end, and they very gradually get me to a stop, even pulling as hard as i can on the lever doesnt acheive anything more than average braking. there is no way i could lock the front wheel if i tried.

so heres the question.

because it was brand new rotor and brakes does it take a longer time to bed in?

should it brake well even if it wasnt fully bedded in?

and if it doesnt improve what next? do i try bleeding it? (its supposedly bled in factory and ready to rumble)

lots of questions i know guys but all help appreciated 🙂

cheers

luke

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

contaminater rotor / pads perhpas? doesn’t need much oil / grease on them, sounds like more than just bedding in needed

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

does the lever feel firm or spongey?

FWIW, S2s are pretty flaky. I’ve installed a few sets. Some have worked great out of the box, some have needed a bleed before they worked properly and some just haven’t worked properly regardless of what I did.

sambob
    Free Member

I had some Skeletal (same caliper I think) and they leaked, but I only knew they were leaking when I sprayed some Muc-off brake cleaner on them and it turned blue. Dad now uses the warranty replacements and they’re great for the money.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help needed!!! Clarks s2 front brake’ is closed to new replies.