Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help me plan a route for a 7 year in Morzine?
  • mrchrist

Morning,

Off to Morzine in a few weeks with my family. MCjnr and i are going to hire bikes for a day and head out.

He is 7, can ride for 4hrs(with lots of stops) and is fine on UK blues.

It has been a while since I have been and never with kids so need some help with the route please?

Was thinking something like:
    >Up the super morzine and the other chair
    >Along the ridge
    >Drop down into Lindretes (not sure which route?)
    > LUNCH
    >Either retrace our route back down along the ridge and then take the swtichbacks down into Morzine and home past the Ridge Hotel

OR
    Add a trip to chatel bike park and take in the panaromaic – which is a green i think? Not sure how to get down to Lindretes from there tbh?

nickjb
    Free Member

Our big beginner day out is up super morzine, ridge to avoriaz, ppds route to the bottom of mossette, along the valley to linderettes. Lunch there or goat village. Down the road to the bottom of the lift. Off road to lac Mondrian. Stop there for paddle/swim/ice cream. Follow the vtt route by the river to valley floor then along the floor by the river through the woods back to morzine.

Rest of the family could meet you at the lac. Its easy to get to by bus or car.

If you don’t fancy the road and lake route then back up to avoriaz from linderettes, along the ridge, down under zores and bubble down is good.

You can add a loop up mossette and down the ppds route. Nothing too sketchy on that but there are a couple of little climbs.

Panoramic is good too. The blue back from there is OK. Fairly steep fire road to finish so you need good brakes and control.

pedlad

The two best greens which are great fun at any age are Soylent-Alpage green from beyond the top of Zore to the very bottom at Supermorzine – the other being panaoramic just over the chatel side from Linderts on the Chaux Fleurie lift.

Back to linderets from that ridge is good for half the way but then the fire road is pretty grim as already mentioned – v rocky and big drainage ditches so 7 yr old would need care.

littlerob

Reading this thread with interest. We’re off to Morzine in August. We’d like to hire bikes for the day but whilst 2 of us cycle 2 of us not so much. One recovering from illness and one just not that keen. So, I need a relatively easy route, but one that is pretty, with nice snack stops, and that inspires such joy that I can convert my youngest (16F) to riding.

LR

qwerty
    Free Member

I appreciate its not Morzine, but a 50 min drive gets you to Les Carroz where they have a green Woody WoodBiker downhill, as well as blue & red & black. Don’t underestimate how much fun a green can be!

https://ete.lescarroz.com/notre-domaine/bike-park.html

blacka01
    Free Member

The new (well new last year) green Fourmiz (9 on the map) from Avoriaz village to the bottom of Seraussaix would be fantastic for beginners, actually good fun for experienced bikers too.
    Shuttling the Seraussaix lift is also an option with the associated green and blue (which is more like a green in reality)

breninbeener

Wow, loving these ideas. Will be great for my daughter too

blacka01
    Free Member

There is also a picnic area, free BBQ and Ll’Stash play area on the Fourmiz trail

mrchrist

Wow, great responses. Thanks. Will have a more detailed read tonight.

Thanks STW

breninbeener

How do you pay for the Les Carroz park? Does my 10 day Morzine ticket work there?

daveylad
    Free Member

I appreciate its not Morzine, but a 50 min drive gets you to Les Carroz where they have a green Woody WoodBiker downhill, as well as blue & red & black. Don’t underestimate how much fun a green can be!

https://ete.lescarroz.com/notre-domaine/bike-park.html

This sounds interesting. Enough there for an average mtb’er for a day? I have already done morgins this year, that’s an hour from morzine but no use to the op.

jimdubleyou

Following thread – taking my (not that into mountain biking) wife to Morzine this year,

nickjb
    Free Member

I have already done morgins this year, that’s an hour from morzine but no use to the op.

Not necessarily. There’s a great, easy track from the top of mossettes all the way down to morgins. Makes for an pretty epic day out without too much pedalling or tech. You then have two ways back, either bus (with bike rack) to Chatel bike park and over the hill to linderettes or a very scenic, lift assisted ride to the mossette swiss

hatter

Super interested in this as I want to take my nipper (also 7) next year, if you do this is there any chance at all that you can post the Strava links or GPX files?

I haven’t been to the Porte De Soleil in a year or so so really want to avoid getting lost with a tired child.

BoardinBob

The new “blue” from les gets to Morzine. Looks great fun but in classic alps grading it’s a big step up from a trail centre blue. Annoyingly it still includes that steep climb out from the base of the Pre Favre lift then a good few minutes of (quiet) road descent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help me plan a route for a 7 year in Morzine?’ is closed to new replies.