Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me identify this piece of riding in the Peak District.
  • jekkyl

I was reading this story LINK in our local rag today and the picture that is with it looks like some great riding. I emailed the author of the piece and she said all she knows is that it’s somewhere in the peak district.

does anyone know where?
    thanks

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Looks like Hope Valley to me, probably somewhere near Hollins Cross.

crazy-legs

Mam Tor.
    Specifically, this bit of trail here:
    http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=413057&y=384235&z=115&sv=413057,384235&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=752&ax=413057&ay=384235&lm=0

Edit: it’s just a generic picture, it’s not specific to that story

jekkyl

Splendid.
    thanks both, so is that cycling towards hollins cross or away?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The story is quite interesting though. Something similar went through the motions for near Buxton, trying to link up the many cycleways to create a big national route. Not sure how far it got though.

As for cycling up to the Roaches, that’s my neck of the woods so I’ll keep an eye on this…

jekkyl

I think it’s almost a load of rubbish to be honest but we’ll see what comes of it. The canal is already there but that path could do with being made up after stockton brook and then they’re just talking about cycle lanes at the side of the road from leek onwards, which are never very good, so how much will actually be off-road is debatable since they’re not going to buy any more land to make the cycle tracks.

That aside are you able to answer my question about direction?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

crazy-legs is correct.
    Best done as a climb from Hollins Cross though, and on the way to Rushup Edge. 😀

[edit] yes that pic is towards Hollins Cross [/edit]

[edit2] Here’s an easyish route starting from Hayfield. [/edit2]

jekkyl

Mr Thump you are brilliant!
    I shall be taking a trip up as soon as allows.

iain1775
    Free Member

Jekkyl
    It’s not really that great a path, usually absolutely heaving with walkers
    Some good routes to get to that point though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me identify this piece of riding in the Peak District.’ is closed to new replies.