Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me find a song…The Swift
  • zippykona

I’m pretty sure it was by Andy Partridge and he spoke facts about swifts over someone playing the drums. Would have been from about 82.
    All searches just throw up Taylor bloody swift.

welshfarmer

Closest I can find….

Andy Partridge. Talking over drums. 1980. Ornithology in the title. But no facts about swifts!

CountZero

Every search I’ve tried just has endless references to Taylor Swift. I did remember someone called Merlin Sheldrake, whose written a book about fungi, which led me to his brother, Cosmo Sheldrake, who’s a musician, and who has put out an album called “Wake Up Calls”, which are recordings of bird songs and calls over a musical background, but swifts aren’t listed. 🤷🏼

https://www.cosmosheldrake.com

He has recorded a song called “Does The Swallow Dream Of Flying?”. But that’s as close as I can get, I’m afraid. Trying to filter out any references to Miss Swift seems to be impossible; I tried a sort of AI search, but to no avail. The internet seems to be crammed with petabytes of stuff posted up by Swifties…

mattyfez

The swallow?

zippykona

It might be about a swallow as one of the lines he mentions “it sleeps on the wing” and another ” in a dive it can reach up to 200 mph”.
    I heard it on Annie Nightingale’s Sunday evening show.

desperatebicycle

You clever interneters not aware that you can use the “-Taylor” switch in your searches to remove her from the search?

Swallow or Swift is the question though!

Could put some beats under this 😀

nickc

Can’t you find it the the playlist online?

zippykona

Can’t you find it the the playlist online?

The intraweb didn’t exist when she played it!

nickc

Ah I thought you’d heard it this weekend on a Annie Nightingale memorial programme or something!

D’oh!

zippykona

Found!

desperatebicycle

Thats the geezer from the Pretenders innit?

Hmm having listened, I think I prefer the Lolita fella’s one 😂

CountZero

I’ll take a pass on that, thank you. 😝

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM